Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when is the best time to take amino acids

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYBodyguard said:
100% wrong 50g protein of chicken breast and 50g of some shake do not even remotly come close, yeah common sense tells you the body dont know but the results of those who rely on shakes and those who eat real foods speak for themselves, I cut out ALL my protein shakes and so did my training partner and I regret not doing it earlier, real food people forget the shakes

I am the opposite I get better results with shakes. I dont count them as meal replacements. Most of my food comes from real sources. Chicken certainly doesn't get digested as quickly as whey and I feel I need that for pre & post.

I dont know every bodybuilders diet but the ones I know of have serious mass and use shakes. Perhaps they would see even better results if they wouldn't, who knows. I would be curious to see some research on the subject if you know of any.

I guess we will just have to disagree for the time being. I am not claiming that what I or others do is the absolute correct way nor totally discounting the possibility of your suggestion.

NYBodyguard said:
100% wrong 50g protein of chicken breast and 50g of some shake do not even remotly come close, yeah common sense tells you the body dont know but the results of those who rely on shakes and those who eat real foods speak for themselves, I cut out ALL my protein shakes and so did my training partner and I regret not doing it earlier, real food people forget the shakes

I'm going to have to agree with the exception of a post workout gainer I completely cut shakes out and went to all-food and have had redicilous results, I guess everyone is different.

oh i fergot I do have some protien powder with my oatmeal in the morning but thats about it as well.

NYBodyguard said:
See this is what everyone has wrong, your body starts screaming for protein after your first rep, not after you final rep of that days training, so its EXTREMLY important to consume a serious protein meal and serious carbs prior to training if you want to see better quality results quicker.

And seriously quality muscle comes from real food not from shakes, if shakes would work youd see big guys all over the place since tons of people are very strict with their daily shake intake, but its real food real fish chicken steak etc real carbs like oatmeal baked patato rich etc that will take on mass not drinks.

I work out real early. So I do my gear, take some creatine, and aminos which get me through my workout. Remember aminos are, in effect, protein.
Then PWO shake. THEN eggs or oatmeal an hour later. Real food. If I eat before I lift I'll blow chunks. So my routine IS NOT WRONG. Plus I get some cardio benefit by not having food in my stomach.

NYBodyguard said:

Shakes ARE food. It's just another protein source. And depending on the quality it may be inferior to a chicken breast (as is the case with whey concentrate or soy) as good ( as is the case with isolate) or better (as is the case with serum plasma). Bottom line-- you need protein and ya gotta eat.

Shakes have their place in a bodybuilder's diet, particularly immediately upon waking up (30 minutes before breakfast) and post-workout (dinner to follow within 45 minutes of that)... fast-digesting whey is perfect to flood the body with protein while it's in catabolic state. Otherwise, the rest of the diet should be whole foods. Just my 2 cents

IMHO both NYC and 8 are right. NYC is correct in that hi-quality food is best; however PWO the body is depleted and if the amino acids, particularly glutamine, are not immediately available, the body will start breaking down its muscle tissue to replenish its supply.

This biological process is halted faster using whey protein shakes bc the process of hydrolization is omitted. Hydrolization of regular food involves the breakdown of the protein down into separated amino acids and peptides.

NYC is on the money about real food. Shakes dont even come close for mass-building (though they are far superior than eating nothing) I think we all can agree on that.

Halfcent is right I'm a trainer as well, before and after are the best times!

High Protein and Carbs right after work out ASAP carbs will replace your energy levels so protein will not have to as they have the exact same kcal ratio. I try to keep my carbs at about 65grams and protein at 45 right after.

What the hell is your trainer certed with?!

silverskyline said:
Halfcent is right I'm a trainer as well, before and after are the best times!

High Protein and Carbs right after work out ASAP carbs will replace your energy levels so protein will not have to as they have the exact same kcal ratio. I try to keep my carbs at about 65grams and protein at 45 right after.

What the hell is your trainer certed with?!

GOD DAMN RIGHT, I'M RIGHT.... GOD DAMMIT ! :RADAR :garza: :doublefi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom