Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What supplements won't test positive?

SuaverdezJujU

I am a competing athletics athlete, and we getregularly tested. Are there any supplement that could test positiveand which I should avoid? I try to be as careful as I can, but thereare so many tricks of the traded in the supplement world, so I wantto make sure!

I would say that none of the mainstream supplements will test positive in doping tests:

Whey protein - no
BCAA - no
Creatine - no
Fish oil - no

Can't really come up with any other supplement.

However, I would strongly recommend you to check out the regulations of your particular federation in regards to doping restrictions - there should be such information available.

I would say that none of the mainstream supplements will test positive in doping tests:

Whey protein - no
BCAA - no
Creatine - no
Fish oil - no

Can't really come up with any other supplement.

However, I would strongly recommend you to check out the regulations of your particular federation in regards to doping restrictions - there should be such information available.

This. Much like the Military drug tests questions of last week why is it that we, who aren't members of your federation and don't know the name of it so can't look for you (which you can do for yourself( are asked to help?

Here's what you MUST do and then what you can do:
1) Go look. Any proper fed, including athletics ones, will have a banned list. Go look at the list. Looking won't get you banned. Ask your coach. Ask fellow competitors. Heck, as the federation themselves. We've some seriously smart dudes here but without the info we might as well be telling you what lotto numbers to pick.

2) IF you've a product and you're not sure if it contains something which is banned (some ingredients have more than one name) then ask. But be sure to let us know what fed you compete under so we can compare the list vs the product ingredients.

If I'm honest, apart from some supplements where there are limits to the dose of ingredients as opposed to outright bans. There was an awful lot of BS put about by athletes who were caught. Rather than admit to PED use they claimed their supps were spiked. Excluding rumors of one or two products back in the day most products do not contain PED's. Even those with piss poor quality control issues don't contain enough for you to fail a test.

Last edited:
The only dietary supplement that is banned by sports governing bodies like WADA is ephedrine. Besides that, any regular supplement is safe to use. You have nothing to worry about.

The only exception is 'grey area' supplementation. Things like SARMS, pro-hormones, research chemical liquids etc.

If you stick to supplements available at your local supplement store, you have nothing to worry about.

I would take a look at the banned list for who governs your testing.....NCAA, WADA, etc. You have a right to know what you will be tested for. Then just avoid that. You really should be fine with any natural supplements.

Top Bottom