Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What products are worth buying from GNC???

You want to see what a real supplement retail store looks like???

1in66d.jpg

96vyc8.jpg

My prices are half that of GNC.. Be looking for Needtobuildmuscle Retail stores in your state soon.

If you need someone to run one in the San Francisco Bay Area I am your man! I have been seriously thinking about it bro!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

You want to see what a real supplement retail store looks like???

1in66d.jpg

96vyc8.jpg

My prices are half that of GNC.. Be looking for Needtobuildmuscle Retail stores in your state soon.

those protein bars are a perfect example of what you CANT get at gnc. and the whey protein is in another league in quality, taste and price.

yeah bro i feel your pain but read what i wrote above.. if GNC was such a great company they wouldn't be on the verge of bankruptcy, they wouldn't be paying their CEO 1.2M plus 3M in stock for running the company into the ground. bottom line is they aren't a good company and their bottom line reflects that. as eddy said, its kinda like blockbuster video's.. years ago they were the only place you could rent video's and they hosed people.. 7 or 8 bucks for a rental. now you can buy a DVD for 99 cents online.. their business model is outdated. gnc is the same way.. in the late 90's it was the only game in town, now with the internet and companies like NTBM its pointless to buy from GNC anymore. thats why they are in deep financial trouble.

yes of course the brands they sell are not GNC, but those same brands i can buy off amazon for less.. and i can buy the same product but with better quality and cheaper from NTBM. plus i dont have to worry about sales tax or walking through a bunch of annoying kids at the mall

And I understand what u are saying Steve. The corporate model does suck but everyone is failing to realize the difference in a corporate and franchise store. The store I manage and one of our other stores are two of the most profitable in the state and we offer the lowest prices. We do it on volume alone. The most profitable stores in the nation are a chain of franchises in San Antonio. The owner drives around in a truck that says "guaranteed lowest prices" Again, he makes huge profits on volume alone. I will admit that corporate stores suck but not all of us fit in that category.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EliteFitness

First you are the one who trotted out his dick size--
Myself and my staff are more educated on natural supplementation than most of the people who write on this site

You have not been on the site long enough to know who writes and what their individual creds might or might not be. You said, in no uncertain terms, you know more than "most of the people who write on this site". It is this arrogance that personifies exactly what is wrong with GNC and its ilk and the stigma remains a valid characterization.

Second, the prior history of a business is relevant; why would someone do business with a company that took advantage of one in the past?? Because now they are being nice just to stay out of Chapter 7? Sorry, the notion of loyalty or disloyalty to a business is relevant to "what is worth buying..."--

Third, I am sure you price match but that still takes advantage of the uninformed consumer.

and i can respect that.. its your job and you want to help people as much as you can.. of course I am not saying every GNC store has idiots, in fact i never said that at all.. a dude has to make a living.. i'm in the financial sector.. a trader actually and people bash my job all the time and mis-represent what i do and think they know what i do so i am used to just ignoring ignorance. the corporate model does suck but its like that in every industry including mine when you are dealing with a big company. if i buy from gnc i'm feeding some fat cat CEO so he can buy another mansion or yacht.. when i buy from NTBM its a family owned biz owned by the same guy who founded it.. not some CEO who doesn't know the difference between white potato and sweet potato.

but more than that my beef with gnc is just the products.. the protein bars you sell vs. NTBM protein bars for example.. or the whey protein you guys sell vs. NTBM .. its cheaper, it tastes better, and its better for you if you look at the ingredients. thats what my point is. i think the thread got off track a bit earlier so don't take anything personally.. no one is bashing your job, just saying the products at NTBM are better.. its like a car salesman who sells Kia's vs. Mercedes..

and i can respect that.. its your job and you want to help people as much as you can.. of course I am not saying every GNC store has idiots, in fact i never said that at all.. a dude has to make a living.. i'm in the financial sector.. a trader actually and people bash my job all the time and mis-represent what i do and think they know what i do so i am used to just ignoring ignorance. the corporate model does suck but its like that in every industry including mine when you are dealing with a big company. if i buy from gnc i'm feeding some fat cat CEO so he can buy another mansion or yacht.. when i buy from NTBM its a family owned biz owned by the same guy who founded it.. not some CEO who doesn't know the difference between white potato and sweet potato.

but more than that my beef with gnc is just the products.. the protein bars you sell vs. NTBM protein bars for example.. or the whey protein you guys sell vs. NTBM .. its cheaper, it tastes better, and its better for you if you look at the ingredients. thats what my point is. i think the thread got off track a bit earlier so don't take anything personally.. no one is bashing your job, just saying the products at NTBM are better.. its like a car salesman who sells Kia's vs. Mercedes..

yep.

You have not been on the site long enough to know who writes and what their individual creds might or might not be. You said, in no uncertain terms, you know more than "most of the people who write on this site". It is this arrogance that personifies exactly what is wrong with GNC and its ilk and the stigma remains a valid characterization.

Second, the prior history of a business is relevant; why would someone do business with a company that took advantage of one in the past?? Because now they are being nice just to stay out of Chapter 7? Sorry, the notion of loyalty or disloyalty to a business is relevant to "what is worth buying..."--

Third, I am sure you price match but that still takes advantage of the uninformed consumer.

Exactly. I said under no uncertain terms. It was a general statement. Period. U took offense to it. It doesn't matter how long I have been here. I have literally read hundreds of threads on here. Just because I don't respond doesn't mean I do not take in what "credentials" people have. You are not even arguing over anything solid. U are focusing on the fact that I said I know more than most?! Big deal. My point was and still is that not all GNC stores are what u think they are. Period. I deal with the supplement industry daily and I can tell u the quality of products we carry (I am not just saying GNC brand) have increased immensely because of online competitors.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EliteFitness

Exactly! GNC is a joke. GNC preys on vulnerable people who don't know the difference between Vit C and D. They are totally overpriced and their products are totally inferior to N2's.. If I get pressed when I need protein when I am waiting for my products to arrive in the mail I go to Walmart...

Top Bottom