Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What products are worth buying from GNC???

gnc is such a joke, i mean seriously, the biggest joke out there... when i walk buy that place i find myself laugh to myself... i seriously wonder about anyone that buys from there, like they don't even use the internet to realize how badly they get screwed over on everything... the best is the sales people there though... they don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground...

Is there anything at GNC worth buying to add to my cycle support and pct? What about pre workout and protein at GNC??
im making one last purchase before i start my cycle n dont hav time to order anythng...

Sent from my SCH-M828C using EliteFitness

Not gonna bash a company imo I wont buy from there tho

Not gonna bash a company imo I wont buy from there tho

why wouldn't you bash a crook company that cheats people out of their money with inferior products?

RAD Profile | Rite Aid Corporation Common Sto Stock - Yahoo! Finance

their CEO makes 1.2M a year. plus owns 2.4M in stock.. probably some old fat guy with a huge gut who sits on his Italian leather chair in his office figuring out how he can further make his ingredients cheaper and raise the cost of his products.. and also the next marketing strategy to pull in 18 year old suckers out of their minimum wage paycheck

and on top of that the company is losing money and close to bankruptcy. THAT is the problem with a marketing strategy targeting one time buyers. its the companies that keep bringing back loyal customers that survive.

:smash::smash:bash bash bash all day

why wouldn't you bash a crook company that cheats people out of their money with inferior products?

RAD Profile | Rite Aid Corporation Common Sto Stock - Yahoo! Finance

their CEO makes 1.2M a year. plus owns 2.4M in stock.. probably some old fat guy with a huge gut who sits on his Italian leather chair in his office figuring out how he can further make his ingredients cheaper and raise the cost of his products.. and also the next marketing strategy to pull in 18 year old suckers out of their minimum wage paycheck

and on top of that the company is losing money and close to bankruptcy. THAT is the problem with a marketing strategy targeting one time buyers. its the companies that keep bringing back loyal customers that survive.

:smash::smash:bash bash bash all day

Wow!!! Really! Did not know. Funny this subject comes up cause I was wattching Dateline last night and they had this big investigation on a product called Total Body this broad was dying and almost bald!! Shit had Selenium, lead, and some other  in it! Check it out!

BASH ON

Read these statements made by the following supplment companies and organizations as featured in The Hansen Files investigative report from Sunday, March 18th, at 7pm/6c:

Wright Enrichment, Inc. (http://www.thewrightgroup.net/)
GNC (http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp)
Council for Responsible Nutrition (http://www.crnusa.org/)
Natural Products Association (http://www.npainfo.org/)

Statement by Wright Enrichment, Inc. to Dateline NBC:

Wright Enrichment, Inc. (“Wright”) is a small family owned company which has provided for many years numerous health beneficial vitamin pre-mix blends to a variety of customers. In regard to the Total Body Formula matter, while a great majority of cases have settled, a number remain in litigation in the State of Georgia. As a result, we trust you understand that Wright Enrichment is not at liberty to fully address some of the issues raised as litigation is still pending, consequently, we hope that your report will not draw any adverse inferences therefrom as to Wright Enrichment.

For years preceding this litigation, Wright produced, without incident, the vitamin premix blend component of the Total Body Formula. In 2007, apparently for cost cutting reasons, Total Body Essential Nutrition, Inc. (“Total Body”) changed its product manufacturer to a company named Texamerican Food Blending, Inc. (“Texamerican”), without Wright’s knowledge.

Unbeknownst to Wright, Texamerican did not possess the product’s vitamin premix blend formula. Instead of securing the formula from the previous manufacturer and ask Wright to produce the vitamin premix blend it had previously produced for that manufacturer, Texamerican believed that one of its employees and/or a independent contractor could reverse engineer the blend.

Notwithstanding, Texamerican proceeded to order from Wright a vitamin premix blend unfortunately containing elevated selenium levels. Wright produced the Texamerican blend to Texamerican’s exact specifications. Unfortunately, Texamerican’s specification/formula was high in selenium. On at least seven occasions before and after production of the vitamin premix-blend, for dosage confirmation, Wright provided Texamerican documents accurately stating all ingredients and vitamins present in the blend, including its selenium content. In fact, independent laboratory testing has confirmed that Wright’s premix blend contained what Wright represented it contained in those certificates of analysis and documents.

Wright is a vitamin premix blend producer. Generally, when a customer places an order, Wright is not told how a given blend will be utilized. Wright does not generally know whether its blend will be co-blended with a competitor’s, or how it will be diluted. In this case, Wright was blindfolded to the fact that Texamerican had no qualification and/or competence to formulate vitamin premix blends. Wright was blindfolded to the fact it had already produced the vitamin premix blend Texamerican was trying to reverse engineer. Wright did not know whether its vitamin premix blend was going to be co-blended, and Texamerican did not inform Wright of the vitamin premix blend’s dilution rate.

When initial complaints were reported, Wright requested the final product label from Texamerican, but to no avail. Being unaware of the product’s identity, Wright could not initiate a recall. Moreover, because Wright is not the owner of the product, Wright had in fact no right at any time to initiate a recall.

It is compelling that had Wright Enrichment been told to produce the same blend it had produced in the past for Texamerican’s predecessor, the Total Body Formula would have been fit for human consumption.

Equally compelling, if not more so, is the fact that after it had produced the Total Body Formula, but before it was released in the stream of commerce, Texamerican had its own employees sample the Total Body Formula. Some Texamerican employees became almost instantly and violently ill. Witnessing the “effect” it had on co-workers, some Texamerican employees refused to sample the Total Body Formula. Stunningly, with the sampling outcome in hand, Texamerican proceeded to release the Total Body Formula in the stream of commerce as fit for human consumption. In sum, Texamerican failed in its attempt to reverse engineer the vitamin-premix blend it asked Wright to produce, then with knowledge the product it had manufactured made people ill, Texamerican released it to Total Body as fit for human consumption.

Texamerican and Total Body denied any liability in the Gurley trial! Wright admitted to being at fault in the Gurley trial because, in hindsight, Wright should have raised more questions about what was being ordered. The fact that the formula Texamerican provided to Wright appeared to be imperfect should have raised a red flag to Wright. Wright should have refused to produce the blend.

As a result, Wright has been and remains willing to fairly compensate consumers that have been injured by the Total Body Formula. Wright has also taken steps necessary to ensure a similar incident does not re-occur and protect consumers and itself from companies like Texamerican. However, Wright believes the Edward Gurley jury verdict was the result of a jury inflamed by improperly admitted evidence and arguments of counsel. Wright also believes that the jury verdict was a result of an apparent secret deal/settlement entered into days before the start of trial between Plaintiffs and Texamerica and Total Body. Wright was prevented from learning the exact nature of this secret deal and Wright was not allowed to disclose to the jury the fact a secret deal/settlement existed at the time of trial. Therefore, Wright Enrichment is now pursuing an appeal.

Sincerely,

WRIGHT ENRICHMENT, INC.

Statement by GNC to Dateline NBC:

First, you have told us that Dateline NBC intends to use as an on air source a consumer who purchased a selenium product called Total Body Formula at a GNC store in Lawrenceville, Georgia approximately four years ago. The following points are specific to that element of your story.

This product was not manufactured by GNC but instead is a third party product GNC retailed in its stores. It’s our understanding the product was sold at other retail outlets as well.

This product had very limited distribution in GNC stores. GNC has over 5,000 US GNC store locations and this product was sold in less than 50 GNC stores.

It’s our understanding the problem with the product involved a manufacturing error by the manufacturer where excess selenium was inadvertently added to the product. This was not a contamination issue. This manufacturing error occurred prior to when the new Good Manufacturing Practices (“GMPs”) regulations came into effect for dietary supplement products.

As soon as GNC learned that there was a problem with the product, it alerted the stores to remove the product. The product has not been sold since its removal, which was nearly 4 years ago.

Second, without specifics GNC cannot comment on any other dietary supplement products that purportedly failed testing or were contaminated.

However, it is important to remember that all manufacturers of dietary supplements are required to follow GMPs when manufacturing dietary supplements.

These regulations were enacted by the FDA in 2007 and cover an expansive list of required manufacturing processes and procedures ranging from personnel, physical plant and grounds, equipment and utensils, production and process control, batch record production, laboratory operations, packaging and label operations, holding and distributing, and record keeping requirements. The aim of the regulations is to ensure dietary supplement quality throughout the manufacturing, packaging, labeling, storing and distribution of dietary supplements.

The GMP regulations are relatively new and the FDA has been actively inspecting manufacturing facilities to ensure compliance. The GMP regulations were enacted in June 2007 and had a three-year phase-in period depending on the size of the company. Companies with more than 500 employees had until June 2008 to comply, companies with less than 500 employees had until June 2009 to comply and companies with fewer than 20 employees had until June 2010 to comply with the regulations.

We believe that, as the FDA continues with its GMP inspections, manufacturing issues with dietary supplements will be virtually eliminated.

Statement by the Council for Responsible Nutrition to Dateline NBC:

By law, every single bottle of dietary supplments sold should contain what is on the label. More than 150 million American take dietary supplments each year as part of their health regimens with little evidence of widespread adulteration or contamination of ingredients. We take seriously the allegations of fraudulent laboratory practices raise by this report, and urge FDA to use its ample legal authority to take legal action against the companies involved. Meanwhile, consumers should buy brands from companies they know and trust.

Steve Mister, President & CEO
Council for Responsible Nurtrition

Statement by the Natural Products Assocation to Dateline NBC:

The Natural Products Association is the leading representative of the dietary supplement industry with over 1,900 members, including suppliers and retailers of vitamins and other dietary supplements. NPA President Jeff Wright comments on the regulation and safety of dietary supplements:

“Consumers can trust what they read on the labels of dietary supplements. We share the concern about the issue of ensuring that products contain what the label claims and are not contaminated. This issue is highlighted, from time to time, in most consumer products industries, including foods, drugs and toys.”

“The Natural Products Association supports the goal of superior quality within our industry, other industries and the government. Fortunately, consumers are smart enough to understand that a few or occasional lapses in quality assurance should not translate into suspicion of an entire category of products, especially one with a strong history of safety. Otherwise, people may not eat eggs, spinach, tomatoes or pistachios today.”

“NPA has long supported government and industry actions to both produce dietary supplements according to good manufacturing practices and eliminate drugs wrongly labeled as supplements. Products that contain undeclared drug ingredients are not dietary supplements. These products are illegal drugs, and they have no place in the legitimate marketplace

“Selling products that contain illegal substances is a crime. Anyone who manufactures or sells these illegal products intentionally should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

“NPA has been steadfast in its support for increased resources for the Food and Drug Administration. We also support government action against any laboratories that may use improper testing methods. We fully support strong rules to make sure that what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. NPA has been a leader in industry efforts to attain this goal through our TruLabel and GMP certification programs.”

“It’s important to note that dietary supplements help millions of Americans address nutritional deficiencies and maintain and improve their health. NPA provides information about the regulation, safety and benefits of supplements online.

I think its so funny that everyone wants to bash GNC. I manage one myself and there are a lot of high quality supplements out there from good companies. Most of the sports supplements we sell aren't even GNC brand. Btw I run a franchise store where we have the cheapest supplements around. We even price match online sources but u can walk in and pick it up. Myself and my staff are more educated on natural supplementation than most of the people who write on this site. Are there bad GNC stores out there? Yes. Are they all bad? No. I dont go bashing on vitamin shop or needtobuildmuscle or any place else because I am sure they have quality products as well and there is always an exception. I have people who come from all over the trial county area to shop at my store because of our knowledge, service, and prices. Not to mention we do have several quality products that are GNC and other brands. Lets chill on all the hating.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EliteFitness

you are missing the point--GNC may do things NOW to be competitive but back in the day they were the only game in town and screwed everyone. If you deny it, you just don't remember the way it was.

not to mention some of us have MS degrees in either a life science or a hard science (in addition to other advanced degrees) or have been in the game for years and years, so be careful about to whom you claim superior knowledge. A BS degree plus training from the GNC Manual does not equal an MS, sorry.

I think its so funny that everyone wants to bash GNC. I manage one myself and there are a lot of high quality supplements out there from good companies. Most of the sports supplements we sell aren't even GNC brand. Btw I run a franchise store where we have the cheapest supplements around. We even price match online sources but u can walk in and pick it up. Myself and my staff are more educated on natural supplementation than most of the people who write on this site. Are there bad GNC stores out there? Yes. Are they all bad? No. I dont go bashing on vitamin shop or needtobuildmuscle or any place else because I am sure they have quality products as well and there is always an exception. I have people who come from all over the trial county area to shop at my store because of our knowledge, service, and prices. Not to mention we do have several quality products that are GNC and other brands. Lets chill on all the hating.

yeah bro i feel your pain but read what i wrote above.. if GNC was such a great company they wouldn't be on the verge of bankruptcy, they wouldn't be paying their CEO 1.2M plus 3M in stock for running the company into the ground. bottom line is they aren't a good company and their bottom line reflects that. as eddy said, its kinda like blockbuster video's.. years ago they were the only place you could rent video's and they hosed people.. 7 or 8 bucks for a rental. now you can buy a DVD for 99 cents online.. their business model is outdated. gnc is the same way.. in the late 90's it was the only game in town, now with the internet and companies like NTBM its pointless to buy from GNC anymore. thats why they are in deep financial trouble.

yes of course the brands they sell are not GNC, but those same brands i can buy off amazon for less.. and i can buy the same product but with better quality and cheaper from NTBM. plus i dont have to worry about sales tax or walking through a bunch of annoying kids at the mall

you are missing the point--GNC may do things NOW to be competitive but back in the day they were the only game in town and screwed everyone. If you deny it, you just don't remember the way it was.

not to mention some of us have MS degrees in either a life science or a hard science (in addition to other advanced degrees) or have been in the game for years and years, so be careful about to whom you claim superior knowledge. A BS degree plus training from the GNC Manual does not equal an MS, sorry.

Are u kidding me. Your argument of what they did is not relevant at all. The thread is what IS good to take at GNC. Not what WAS. Secondly I dont know u nor do I pretend to. I said I know more than MOST...not more than YOU. I am an exercise science major as well as an ISSA certified personal trainer not to mention I have worked with and or studied nutrition/supplems for almost 10 years. I dont need a "GNC manual " This is not a who's dick is bigger contest, however. I know there is a GNC stigma. You have made that painfully obvious. The point is that not all GNC stores are like that but I guess its just uncool to like GNC.

your gnc is alot different than the one we have by me.

to answer the question whats worth buying? based on MY experience with my local gnc, i would say blender bottle is the only thing i would buy from that piece of shit place, but only if its still under 10 dollars

You want to see what a real supplement retail store looks like???

1in66d.jpg

96vyc8.jpg

My prices are half that of GNC.. Be looking for Needtobuildmuscle Retail stores in your state soon.

Top Bottom