Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What multi-vitamin do you use?

PWTurbofan

I've been taking Animal Pak, one pak every morning. I tried the Beyond Chelation packs as well - they included fish oil caps which was nice. I think the BC vitamins are a little less crude than Animal Pak. And some of the Animal Pak pills are fukn horse-sized!

I'm currently using the VitaminShoppe brand "Mens Multi" or JUST FOR MEN or whatever the hell they conned me into getting for 15% off =\
Along with the multi i'll take a nice B12 Complex, Fish Oil, Carnatine (3 week cycles), Zine, Potassium, Flax, Amino's ... etc
All throughout the day, mostly with meals, cuz im constantly eating =]

multi- vitamin is a multi-vitamin there are all the same anyone should do
i think most multi-vitamins are made in the same factory there are just re-label.

Nothing is more complete than DX7 from www.proteinfactory.com Instead of being horse poills they're small caps and you take 4 of them, but realistically you can take only 2 and it'd be plenty. Better price than Animal Pak.

I checked out the DX7 and I wasn't impressed. It's quite expensive for what it is. It's no better than say Centrum or One A Day but the only advantage it has is that it has a few extra added amino acids.
I recommend buying a reasonably priced multivitamin and in addition supplementing more with say all the bodybuilding supplements that are in DX7.
For example, an adult should take at least 1 gram of calcium a day, but DX7 doesn't even have calcium in it. Guys who use steroids have to be weary that they are supplying their bodies with adequate calcium as the use of steroids is related to loss of bone density (long term use).

I'd go with the powder... and just honk back rails, screw mixing it !
haha just playin
pills are easy and no mess... pills i'd say

chicagobuffedbod said:
I checked out the DX7 and I wasn't impressed. It's quite expensive for what it is. It's no better than say Centrum or One A Day but the only advantage it has is that it has a few extra added amino acids.
I recommend buying a reasonably priced multivitamin and in addition supplementing more with say all the bodybuilding supplements that are in DX7.
For example, an adult should take at least 1 gram of calcium a day, but DX7 doesn't even have calcium in it. Guys who use steroids have to be weary that they are supplying their bodies with adequate calcium as the use of steroids is related to loss of bone density (long term use).

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from bro but it's way off. I can name at least a dozen substances that are in DX7 and not in Centrum or One a Day, so that's just wrong.

As for the calcium, there's avery good reason it wasn't included. Calcium takes up a lot of space -- which is why you never see 100% of the RDA in a pill. It would make the pills too big if we included all the other nutrients that are far more difficult to get. Calcium is one of those things you really should get from food and it's easy to get enough. Too much can lead to kidney stones so there's no need to supplement. (DX7 also doesn't contain iron for the same reasons).

Re-read the DX7 label. You can't find a more complete vit/min.

Um....not too sure about calcium citrate causing kidney damage. After all it is what is administered to patients in hospitals with kidney duress.
An adolescent should get at least a 1,300mg a day of calcium. That's at least 3 glasses of milk. And depending on which health authority you ask, some suggest that adults should take a gram of supplemental calcium in addition to foods high in calcium such as milk. I personally would rather supplement with it. Dairy products bloat me and constipate me. I'm sure some of you suffer from the same.
I don't think the cost of your product is worth $30. I'm assuming that this is for a one month supply? Your website doesn't seem to make it easily clear as to how many days worth of a supply this supplement is. So I can only assume.
I think the best thing people can do is get a reasonably priced multi-vitamin like Centrum or One A Day and add more with specific vitamins and minerals as no multi-vitamin is perfect. Customize a program right for you. For instance, add more calcium if you're female, take heavy steroid cycles, are older and have a family history of osteoporosis. I personally think all people should take at least 2 grams of vitamin C a day as your body can't store it like minerals. I don't get colds when I take this much vitamin C on a daily basis. Lycopene is great for prostates, One A Day has this in a "Men's Formula".
I purchased Centrum for $10 at CVS. It has 180 tabs, So my multivitamin costs me $20 a year.
Just my two cents. I'm not here to promote a product.

chicagobuffedbod said:
Um....not too sure about calcium citrate causing kidney damage. After all it is what is administered to patients in hospitals with kidney duress.
An adolescent should get at least a 1,300mg a day of calcium. That's at least 3 glasses of milk. And depending on which health authority you ask, some suggest that adults should take a gram of supplemental calcium in addition to foods high in calcium such as milk. I personally would rather supplement with it. Dairy products bloat me and constipate me. I'm sure some of you suffer from the same.
I don't think the cost of your product is worth $30. I'm assuming that this is for a one month supply? Your website doesn't seem to make it easily clear as to how many days worth of a supply this supplement is. So I can only assume.
I think the best thing people can do is get a reasonably priced multi-vitamin like Centrum or One A Day and add more with specific vitamins and minerals as no multi-vitamin is perfect. Customize a program right for you. For instance, add more calcium if you're female, take heavy steroid cycles, are older and have a family history of osteoporosis. I personally think all people should take at least 2 grams of vitamin C a day as your body can't store it like minerals. I don't get colds when I take this much vitamin C on a daily basis. Lycopene is great for prostates, One A Day has this in a "Men's Formula".
I purchased Centrum for $10 at CVS. It has 180 tabs, So my multivitamin costs me $20 a year.
Just my two cents. I'm not here to promote a product.

Wrong again.

You're assuming because a multi has "a lot of stuff", it's complete. I repeat -- DX7 has many ingredients benificial to the bodybuilder that the others don't have. You're not understanding that.

Depending on the dosage DX7 can last for 2 months. Even at a full dose, it's less money than Animal Pak. At half dosage it's less than Centrum which isn't nearly as potent. You're proud that your multis cost so little? Hey, buy Flinstones vitamins, and they'll cost even less.

I never said calcium causes kidney stress, I said it can cause kindney STONES. Ask any doctor and he will concur. And again, even if you needed supplemental calcium, you're better off getting it seperately. One a Day has less than 25% of the RDA of calcium. Are you telling me that's got you covered? You still need more and can get more in a handful of nuts.

So you're wrong. You can use whatever you want. But let's keep the facts straight.

Top Bottom