Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is krill oil?

bratym2

What is the difference between fish oil and krilloil. Is there any objective advantage of one over the other? Haveseen that N2BM sells krill oil, so I need to know if it is betterthan the old classic fish oil, or just a thing of fashion.

It is basically the same thing, only that krill oil is made from krill, as you might have imagined already. It has a very good Omega profile, and I would even say that it is better than that of fish, so no - it is not just marketing, and there is a lot of science behind it.

unfortunately krill is whales main source of food.. so when you use krill oil you are not doing the ocean many favors :(

if you take fish oil or eat fatty wild fish you are hurting the fish stocks.. and those fisherman use nets which hurt turtles and other sea life.. all in all you could argue which one is worse.

this is why i prefer to catch my own wild fish... i leave little to no footprint in the process

Krill is basically just another word for minos. Small fish.

Fish oil vs krill oil is kind of like broccoli vs broccoli sprouts.

Both are great options but you get some added benefits with krill oil.

Krill oil comes from small crustaceans, not fatty fish, and typically contains more EPA. And unlike conventional fish-oil pills, krill oil’s omega-3s are linked to an antioxidant and other beneficial substances called phospholipids.

They are both really good options. I think one of the biggest difference is that krill are so abundant that the amount being fished does not put a dent in the population. There is no current risk like there is with some fish. Fish oil can have some concerns when it comes to how we fish and how much we are taking from the oceans. Personally I use both. I take around 7g of fish oil per day and 2g of krill oil too.

Top Bottom