Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What form of creatine

Creatine hydrochloride :) great strength and size without getting bloated. I used to like monohyrdate but I never cared for the loading phases.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

Creatine hydrochloride :) great strength and size without getting bloated. I used to like monohyrdate but I never cared for the loading phases.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

This is the best!! Just a bit more heavy on the wallet!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EliteFitness

Abstract:
"Creatine ethyl ester was incubated at 37 °C in both water and phosphate-buffered saline and the diagnostic methylene resonances in the 1H NMR spectrum were used to identify the resultant products. It was found that mild aqueous conditions result in the cyclization of creatine ethyl ester to provide inactive creatinine as the exclusive product, and this transformation becomes nearly instantaneous as the pH approaches 7.4.

This study demonstrates that mild non-enzymatic conditions are sufficient for the cyclization of creatine ethyl ester into creatinine, and together with previous results obtained under enzymatic conditions suggests that there are no physiological conditions that would result in the production of creatine.

It is concluded that creatine ethyl ester is a pronutrient for creatinine rather than creatine under all physiological conditions encountered during transit through the various tissues, thus no ergogenic effect is to be expected from supplementation."

credit to:
Matthew W. Giese
Department of Chemistry,
Marian University,
3200 Cold Spring Rd.,
Indianapolis, IN 46222, USA

I don't know jack about Kre-Alkalyn or creatine hcl, but personally I'd stick to creatine monohydrate since it's the only one that has been sufficiently studied, and we know it's safe and effective. I use the Dymatize brand too. It's cheap, lasts forever, and works.

Kre-Alkalyn is, is a ph buffered creatine monohydrate to help increase absorption and eliminate things such as loading phases, bloat, etc.

Kre-Alkalyn is, is a ph buffered creatine monohydrate to help increase absorption and eliminate things such as loading phases, bloat, etc.

Yeah, worked well for me to when I used it a year ago. Plus you only need a smaller amount since its less prone to becoming creatinine.

IcE

I found these 2 studies interesting, I'll copy/paste from a post by NO HYPE on bb dot com:

Clin Pharmacokinet 2003; 42 (6): 557-574
Adam M. Persky,1 Gayle A. Brazeau2 and Gunther Hochhaus1
Pharmacokinetics of the Dietary Supplement Creatine

accelerated degradation is possible in the lower pH of the stomach. However, creatine degradation to creatinine occurs at its maximal rate at pH 3-4.[67]

The degradation half-lives for the conversion of creatine to creatinine at pH values 1.4, 3.7 and 6.8 are 55, 7.5 and 40.5 days, respectively. At these rates,less than 0.1g of a 5g dose would be lost in 1 hour. Therefore, the conversion to creatinine in the gastrointestinal tract is probably minimal regardless of transit time.

Life Sci. 1999 Oct 29;65(23):2463-70.
Schedel JM, Tanaka H, Kiyonaga A, Shindo M, Schutz Y.
Acute creatine ingestion in human: consequences on serum creatine and creatinine concentrations.

The aim of the study was to explore the effect of an acute dose of creatine (Cr) ingestion on serum Cr and serum creatinine (Crn) concentrations. Sixteen healthy subjects ingested a single dose of Cr (20 g) followed by the measurement of serum Cr and Crn concentration for 3 h up to a maximum of 6 h (n=6). In response to Cr ingestion a large rise in serum Cr concentration was observed (by 50 folds) occurring approximately 2 1/2h after the ingestion (peak value of 2.17 +/- 0.66 mmol x l(-1)). We also found a moderate but significant rise in serum Crn concentration averaging 13 % after 3 h (peak value at 99.5 +/- 10.5 micromol x l(-1)). A dose response curve obtained in two case studies, in whom different doses of Cr were ingested (0, 2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20 g and 0, 10, 20, 30 g), showed that serum Cr concentration as well as the peak time increased linearly with Cr ingestion. In addition, acute Crn ingestion (5 g) resulted in a substantial increase in serum Crn concentration (by 10 folds) but led to a minor rise in serum Cr concentration (by 2 folds). These results suggest that when acute doses of Cr are ingested in humans, the degree of conversion of exogenous Cr to Crn in the stomach and the gut can be considered as negligible following the first 6 h of ingestion. However, further studies are required to explore the prolonged effect of Cr on Crn metabolism.

It seems to me that Kre-Alkalyn is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist... if I'm wrong someone please enlighten me but I was under the impression that its more expensive, and more or less does the same thing as mono so why waste your money? Mono is proven to work so what's to be gained from taking a less-studied, less-proven substance? I'm NOT saying it doesn't work for the record, just that it's no better than mono and more expensive.

Has worked best for you?

E.g CEE, monohydrate, a mixture, kre-alkalyn?

IcE

Creatine mono is still king of the creatines by far in studies and cost. Sure it's nice to experiment on the newer forums, myself I like APS Creatinine Nitrate. But for cost purposes and effects mono is still my staple. You can always find mono anywhere and orbitnutrition has it in bulk.

Top Bottom