Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What to eat before lifting

rgosit

what should i eat before i lift.//and how long should i space between my meal and lifting??

for a wile i was eating about 45 minutes before..having like fruit and or a carb..
or a protein bar..

but latley ive been eating about an hour to an hour and a half before i lift..having a power bar.
because ni was told on this board that eating before i lift to close would cause blood not to go into my muslces or something....

its easier for me to eat 45 mins before because i have a study hall( im in school ) but 1 hour to an hour and a half i have a class so i have the power bar and sneak bites when im not being looked at...

i also have glutamine and creatine before i lift....
keep in mind....

you should be fine eating something with high carbs, such as rice or something. its easily prepareable in the morning before school, cooks up in minutes. just throw it in a container, and ur set to go.

You shouldn't eat anything before lifting. I have read some studies that state your body produces more growth hormone if you lift on an empty stomach. If you don't believe, then research it.

40butpumpin said:
You shouldn't eat anything before lifting. I have read some studies that state your body produces more growth hormone if you lift on an empty stomach. If you don't believe, then research it.

other reasons not too eat before:
2. "system recourses" will be busy digesting food while your trying to bust your hump lifting, too much going on at once for the body to handle

3. INSULIN is a no-no during exercise: it will sweep up your blood sugar (glucose and possibly some glycogen) which you need for muscular contraction.

eat some complex carbs and some protein 2 hours before. the presence of fat doesn't necessarily hurt or help the situation.

eating 2 hours before i lift will b verey difficult wile in scool... i think i could do it... after gym class...

my lunch is at 10:26.. so i will try to eat fast and get done so i have 2 hours between this meal and my pre lift meal that is 2 hours before lifting.

thankou

Mr

You don't have to, but that's optimum. You could always carry an MRP to be mixed with juice or water, couldn't you?

If you're talking at least 2 hours before lifting, then lots of carbs- anything closer to workout time will cause digestion to interfere with the effects you're trying to achieve by the workout.

Top Bottom