Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What does Taurine do?

Grantsdu

Should I be taking Taurine? Also, what thod glutamine do? Sorry for all the questions but I really need to get this stuff stright and I don't know where else to find out.

Glutamine would be better....

Considered "conditionally essential," taurine appears to play a prominent cell-volumizing role. It's vital to fat digestion, fat-soluble vitamin absorption, brain and nervous-system function, and transportation of electrolytes across cell membranes. Glutamine is a better amino, but they are good in combination with eachother.

Do you guys think it would be worth throwing into my creatine mix. My current mix (U4IK-Tech) is:
80 grm dextrose
10 grm creatine
6 grm glutamine
400 ALA

Beyond-a-century has it insanely cheap: 300 grams for $5.00. Money obviously not an issue with this one. Plain and simple is worth it or worthless.

Take it...

If you do take it, here is what is recommended:

Amount: Although optimal amounts have not yet been determined, 3 separate 500-mg to one gram doses a day is typically reported by active individuals.

For therapeutic uses, amounts range from 1,000 mg to 5,000 mg a day, divided. When supplementing for any therapeutic reason, it is wise to do so with the advise of a physician.

Timing: Taurine may be most effective when taken without food, especially without protein or other amino acids. It may be more beneficial when one dose is consumed immediately following exercise. It works best when combined with glutamine, but has absorption problems when combined with other aminos.

Cool, I've never heard anyone recommend taurine so I was just wondering. Even though it's in all the transports, I though it was worthless like arginine (it was for me at least).

The way you describe it, it's perfect with my immediate post workout mix. I think I'll "invest" the $5.

I think it works well in combination with vanadyl sulfate. I know a lot of people don't like vanadyl, but I have found it to be VERY effective at a dose of 30mg stacked with a gram of taurine postworkout about 10 minutes before eating some carbs.

Top Bottom