Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight gainers & Muscle gainers? BS or not?

Im browsing through this muscular development mag and i see nothing but advertisements for these weight and muscle gainers.

Im 19 years old 5'9 and 132 pounds. Im need to put on some weight. Is there any good product out there that would help me out? I hear all the shit they have at GNC is no good.

Thanks for you help guys.

I use CytoGainer by Muscle Milk just because of time crutches, as in I can't wake up on time ever and I drink it with an ANPB sammich on whole grain bread. That is the only time I will use it. It takes awhile for me to eat so eating a cup of cottage cheese, cup of oats, a sandwhich and some milk would take me too long. Very slow eater.

Just eat calories man, try about 3k-3.5k a day, you don't need a weight gainer. All it is, is liquid calories and nothing special. It is quick and easy. Hell, you can make your own weight gain shake like BiggT told me.

Two scoops of your whey protein, a scoop or two of your favorite ice cream to go into it, some Peanut Butter and milk, whole milk if you want, and you can get in 1-1.2k calories right there.

It's not that the stuff at GNC is no good.. it's that most stuff is "no good" and ALL of the stuff at GNC is overpriced.

All those weightgainers will help you gain weight because they have lots of calories..and what you really need is calories.

Cytogainer is GREAT, IMO and I've only heard great things about protein factory..

Honestly though, at 132 pounds, all you need to do is eat a bit more. Try drinking a gallon of milk, a scoop of ice cream, and 1/4-1/2 jar of peanut butter a day, or even half of all that, on top of whatever you are eating now, train hard..and see what happens.

That's all the weightgainer you need.

miamiwithstyle12 said:
Im browsing through this muscular development mag and i see nothing but advertisements for these weight and muscle gainers.

Im 19 years old 5'9 and 132 pounds. Im need to put on some weight. Is there any good product out there that would help me out? I hear all the shit they have at GNC is no good.

Thanks for you help guys.

GNC is a rip off. Support your mom & pop store, or order off of eBay for better deals.
Kabeetz is right, you just need to increase your daily caloric intake. I suggest you increase it gradually though - few things worse than digestive overload. It takes your body awhile to learn how to absorb all the nutrients your forcing down your throat. You start eating to much to soon and you'll spend 1/2 your day on the shitter, and 1/2 your income on toilet paper - this warning is from personal experience.

Top Bottom