Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vitamin A for acne...

Dropkick

anyone have any success with OTC vit A for acne? if so, how many IUs per day, and what kind of vit A did you use? I remember reading there are two main kinds. The stuff i have says "Dry A" on the front and lists: 15000 IU Beta Carotene, 10000 IU Retinyl Palmitate.

retinyl made my skin EXTREMELY dry, to the point of flaking off of my face. My best advice to combat acne is to go to a dermatologist and ask for an anti-biotic called minocycline....stuff works wonders 100mg twice a day

As far as vitamin supplements go for acne: I would really try pantothenic acid. Vitamin B-5. It does a great job getting rid of oil and drying out the skin. try it.

natedogg03 said:
Is this B-5 taken orally?

Yes.

As for the vitamin A, I took it awhile back. It finally started working when I upped the A to something like 100,000 ius/day. I don't know what the toxicity level is, but I apparently needed it because it worked. After that, I tapered it down to 'normal' levels.

To this day, if I don't take any A for a few days (usually travelling), I will break out until I start taking it.

i already take about 4 grams of B5 a day, but that isnt cutting it. Do i have the right shit, or do i need cetaphil?
I know about the skin dryness. Im considering accutane if the antibiotic my doc prescribed (Ill have to find out the name when i pick it up). But the toxicity is a little concerning, even though im off right now.
anyways, i kinda want to see if anything works before i try accutane...my insurance may not even cover it. my case is relatively mild, so i dont want to use a nuke to blow up a small Afghani terrorist camp if i can use a few cruise missiles.

Minocylene (spelling?) is good stuff, but it also takes a toll on the liver.

Doctor actually said I should have liver values checked before getting the refill.

It worked pretty good, although some of it came back when I went off.

the_Pikey

i've been on minocycline for a year straight and i just started some d-bols, how toxic do you think this is???

Top Bottom