x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Vitamin A for acne...

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Vitamin A for acne... within the Bodybuilding Supplements category.

Excerpt: anyone have any success with OTC vit A for acne? if so, how many IUs per day, and what kind of vit A did you use? I remember reading there are two main kinds. The stuff i have says "Dry A" on the front and lists: 15000 IU Beta Carotene, 10000 IU Retinyl Palmitate.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

All Natural

Vitamin A for acne...

anyone have any success with OTC vit A for acne? if so, how many IUs per day, and what kind of vit A did you use? I remember reading there are two main kinds. The stuff i have says "Dry A" on the front and lists: 15000 IU Beta Carotene, 10000 IU Retinyl Palmitate.

Mutant
    buy cetaphil-over the counter

All Natural
    retinyl made my skin EXTREMELY dry, to the point of flaking off of my face. My best advice to combat acne is to go to a dermatologist and ask for an anti-biotic called minocycline....stuff works wonders 100mg twice a day

musclebones
    As far as vitamin supplements go for acne: I would really try pantothenic acid. Vitamin B-5. It does a great job getting rid of oil and drying out the skin. try it.

natedogg03
    Is this B-5 taken orally?

Originally posted by natedogg03
    Is this B-5 taken orally?
    Yes.

As for the vitamin A, I took it awhile back. It finally started working when I upped the A to something like 100,000 ius/day. I don't know what the toxicity level is, but I apparently needed it because it worked. After that, I tapered it down to 'normal' levels.

To this day, if I don't take any A for a few days (usually travelling), I will break out until I start taking it.

All Natural
    i already take about 4 grams of B5 a day, but that isnt cutting it. Do i have the right shit, or do i need cetaphil?
    I know about the skin dryness. Im considering accutane if the antibiotic my doc prescribed (Ill have to find out the name when i pick it up). But the toxicity is a little concerning, even though im off right now.
    anyways, i kinda want to see if anything works before i try accutane...my insurance may not even cover it. my case is relatively mild, so i dont want to use a nuke to blow up a small Afghani terrorist camp if i can use a few cruise missiles.

Minocylene (spelling?) is good stuff, but it also takes a toll on the liver.

Doctor actually said I should have liver values checked before getting the refill.

It worked pretty good, although some of it came back when I went off.

All Natural
    the_Pikey

i've been on minocycline for a year straight and i just started some d-bols, how toxic do you think this is???

Good Broly
    best supplement for ance is like 800iu's of vitamin E every day works wonders!