Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Using it how much more time after creatine expires on the label?

angel44

Quick Q one: How much more time after it expires is creatine consumable since I have a brand new jug and it expired last week, I guess it is still ok to take right?

Supplements don't really expire. They have a best before date. Not an expiration date. As supplements age, they loose potency. They don't become rancid or anything like that.

Generally speaking, any supplement that is stored in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight will still be safe to use up to 3 years after it's expiration date. You need to be a little more careful with food base supplements like whey and fish oil but that is the general rule.

Your creatine is still safe to use.

As long as you stored it properly - away from direct sunlight and not under extreme temperatures, it should be perfectly fine to use even after the expiration date. In the worst of the cases, it would be a bit less potent, but at least it will not go rancid. The only supplement that can go bad is whey protein, but other than that - all supplements are rather safe to use even after getting expired.

Honestly, I would consume the creatine even if its expired. Given it was not exposed to sunlight or moisture

Top Bottom