Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To use a belt or not to use it???????

dknyguy

I have been working out for about four years now and I for one have never used a belt. I am all about looks. I do not go crazy heavy but I do squat and do dead lifts. Should I be using a belt. Some people scared the shit out of me when they started talking about hernias. On these power exercises I go light, I am not sure if this matter but just though I would let you know.

In the four years you've been lifting, have you ever known or know of someone getting a hernia?

If you're not lifting heavy, you don't need one.

I wear one when doing some lifts. I think it helps me not misplace my hips. I get lazy sometimes and don't want to keep my back straight so my hips feel like they go out of place. I really don't know if it makes a difference or not though...I have always wondered if it does?

i dont see why you wouldnt use one when doing exercises such as squats or deads, its not going to do any harm, and it is gonna be much better onyour lower bakc.

110% said:
i dont see why you wouldnt use one when doing exercises such as squats or deads, its not going to do any harm, and it is gonna be much better onyour lower bakc.

Not necessarily. Squats and deads help develop your abs and back stablizer muscles. If you wear a belt all the time, these muscles won't develop as well. I think belts should only be worn on your heaviest sets.

I use one heavy squats/deads, but not on lighter weights. I can go considerably heavier on max squat w/ a belt. Also might use one during heavy bb curls for lower back protection and helps you keep from cheating as much.

Top Bottom