Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To use a belt or not to use it???????

I wear a belt on my heavy lifts because I have a couple of crushed discs, otherwise I probably would only use it on singles and such.

gymtime said:

Not necessarily. Squats and deads help develop your abs and back stablizer muscles. If you wear a belt all the time, these muscles won't develop as well. I think belts should only be worn on your heaviest sets.

i guess you got me there gymtime, though im gonna stick with the belt as i worry more about my lower back in he long run.

110% said:

i guess you got me there gymtime, though im gonna stick with the belt as i worry more about my lower back in he long run.

That is exactly why you would not want to wear a belt. The belt is a crutch and it will slow the growth of your back and AB muscles relative to the rest of your body. Perfect your form and you will not need a belt. Reduce your weight for a while if you have to, just to get used to not having a belt, but do not use a belt just to save your back, you are not really doing so. Gaining strength in your back and ABs is what will prevent future back problems.

My $.02

ND

nate dogg yeah i do hyperextensions and deadlifts once a week with my back routine, so im still gaining strength there.

There are few things stronger than a 17 (or almost 17) year old back. Use the belt only for the real heavy stuff bro, you'll be fine.

You should only use a belt when lifting over about 85% of max. You need a strong back to squat, so you should not use a belt unless you are lifting heavy.
working w/o a belt will make your lower back grow stronger

yeh i never used to use a belt intill i found myself with a hernia i had to go for surgery then sit around in bed for like 2 weeks straight therefore i lost like 20 lbs cuz even after i couldnt lift for a while so it is a good idea to just use a belt regardless i know i do now

Top Bottom