Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Time to settle the question: Glutamine vs. Glutamine peptides

Lumberg

If you own or have a financial interest in a company that produces, sells, or markets either, say so at the beginning of your post.

Dun duh duh:

I posit the following:
Glutamine peptides and pure glutamine are approximately the same price per kilo (about $45 is considered a pretty good deal for either). Please post and tell me if I am wrong.

Glutamine peptides are at the MOST 1/2 Glutamine, but probably closer to 1/3. That's because each Glutamine molecule is bonded to at least one other peptide. Again post if you have more detailed information.

It is generally believed that Glutamine peptides are absorbed into bloodstream/muscles better than pure Glutamine. This is especially relevant when you are mixing Glutamine into shakes because the gut supposedly "selectively absorbs" just about any protein before pure Glutamine. It has also been posited that the digestive tract itself is what ends up using most of the L-Glutamine to build itself up, which, according to some pundits, is why Ronnie Coleman's, and other pro BBs to a lesser extent, guts are so distended. Others argue this distension is due to GH. Post if you have good info on this.

Some say Glutamine should only be taken on an empty stomach but you know what? I don't have time to have an empty stomach. If my stomach's empty, I'm gonna eat or drink a shake and get 50g of protein. I'm not going to replace a meal with 10g of Glutamine.

HOWEVER, can anyone prove that Glutamine peptides are absorbed at least TWICE as well than pure L-Glutamine?
Until somebody proves that

one scoop of Glutamine peptides WITH a shake = more Glutamine in my muscles than 1 scoop Pure L-Glutamine with a shake,

ceterus paribus,

I will purchase L-Glutamine exclusively.

You can replace "scoop" with "heaping tablespoon," "portion," whatever, I just happen to use a scoop.

We will leave gustatory (taste) considerations out of this discussion.

JC

Wow. So basically, a healthy human should be able to absorb 50% of an enteral load of glutamine. And addition of small peptides to the mix actually IMPROVED absorption. Now how small those peptides were, and how small the peptides in whey are, is another issue.

That alone is a pretty strong argument for pure Glutamine, because even if Glutamine peptides are COMPLETELY absorbed, and they are all dipeptides (which again is doubtful), you're basically at the same plasma glutamine concentrations you're getting with pure pure Glutamine.

Thanks for the link, B&I, karma for you my buddy.

JC

I interpret this article a bit differently. Basically, what I think it says is 'We don't know shit.' The study they cite was pretty severely flawed. Personally, I still favor peptides--even though they taste like crap--but I very much doubt it makes a huge difference either way.

Glutamine peptides and pure glutamine are approximately the same price per kilo (about $45 is considered a pretty good deal for either). Please post and tell me if I am wrong.

BTW, dpsnutrition sells 1000g of glutamine peptide from AR Nutrition for about $29 I think. They taste a bit worse and don't mix as well as some other brands I've tried, though. But you can't beat the price.

Top Bottom