Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Think I'm taking in to much dextrose post workout?

emptywallet

Well, when I stepped on the scale today, I weighed 171.5, This is way down for me, but I'm just recovered from a hand injury but I have been able to go to the gym the past few weeks and go at it strong. Well, from some of the replies on this board about dextrose, most guys consume 80-100g post workout. I consume 80 grams. However alot of you weigh alot more than I do. Around 30 pounds or so. This is what my post workout shake consists of so far, 75grams of Isopure Whey, 80 grams of Dextrose. I'm starting to think thats to much, especially on the dextrose side. Anyone comment? Think maybe I might start storing some of that dextrose as fat?

Let your body decide, give it a little time... anfd take 250-500 mg ALA w/ it, and see what happens.

Him1 said:
Let your body decide, give it a little time... anfd take 250-500 mg ALA w/ it, and see what happens.

Im also thinking the protein might be a little much as well. Anyone else?

Paulos said:
Nice Formula Machine.

Thanks. It's from research on recovery times and carb/protein synthesis done on gymnasts. I'm not aware of any studies on lifters/bbers relating to this subject. I think the formula can be ported over to lifters safely as gymnasts are likely in a more catabolic state post workout. It's the formula I use, it's based on actual scientific research, and it seems to hold up well.

THeMaCHinE said:
Post workout is .8 grams carbs/kg (2.2 lb); .4 grams protein/kg

This is the formulas to follow! If bulking I would shoot for 1g/kg of bodyweight. But the above is what I'm following right now- and cutting!

Great info on this thread so far.
Thanks everyone for good input. And Paulos, your avatar is funny as hell.

I would contribute, but it would be just repeating what everyone said (except TheMachine, because I didn't know that formula).

Iwan2bsolid2 said:

This is the formulas to follow! If bulking I would shoot for 1g/kg of bodyweight. But the above is what I'm following right now- and cutting!

Ok, well acccording to that formula, if I weigh 171, then I would need around 62g of carbs post workout? Ok, I'm bulking right now, so maybe that means that 80 is ok?

Top Bottom