Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are there any low-carb protein bars that actually taste good?

overweight.com

I have tried Myoplex's low carb bars, as well as Atkin's bars, and they both suck. Are there any out there that actually taste somewhat decent?

IMO, there is not a protein bar out there that does not taste like PURE ASS! Stick to the shakes.

Shakes can work most of the time, but sometimes the convenience of a bar comes in handy. There has to be one that doesn't taste last crap though.

although they only have 20 grams of protein, i love the taste of a low-carb 2 bar
my favoite is smore and vanilla bean, but all are good for a change

Pure Protein bars, Premier 8, and Designer are all quite good, although as with all low carb bars they're loaded with glycerin, of which I'm not a big fan. And Pure Protein uses hydrolyzed bovine collagen as one of their protein sources. Yum. Lean Body bars ain't bad, but they're so loaded with sugar alcohol that they taste like you're drinking a shot, plus they're pretty high in carbs(19g or so)

Gymtime said:
IMO, there is not a protein bar out there that does not taste like PURE ASS! Stick to the shakes

Not sure if this one qualifies for this thread, cuz it's not a low carb bar, but Powerbar's Protein Plus Chocolate Fudge Brownie is just awesome tasting, and pretty cheap as far as protein bars go. 24g of protein, 8g fat (3 saturated), but 23g of sugar, so might not be what some of you are looking for, if you are trying to minimize carb intake. Pretty decent on the vitamin content too, if you are looking for an extra boost on those....

dude it's not about taste anymore!! i'm beginning to feel like a taliban war hero- i can eat a plate of shit and at this point it tastes like a steak dinner!you some of us eat to live others live to eat!spoofer jjjjjjjjjj

Are you kidding!!! Go out and buy some Designer Whey and MethoxyPro bars..Both are awesome tasting and low carb as well..The Methoxy double chocolate is by far the best tasting bar I have ever tried..Beats a shake any day...the Only draw back is it is very expensive

M18

Top Bottom