Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are Thai people small because of diet?

Ntera

Not long ago I have been to Thailand, and what impressed me the most about the locals, is that they are all so lean and small. Is it related to the kind of food they eat, or it is something else?

I think it is a bit of everything – genetics, the food they eat, the climate....everything contributes to how people are. But more than anything this got to be genetics, because by just putting a Thai guy in the US, he will not become bigger. Fatter? Definitely. But not bigger.

Thai people are so small because of their diet and activity levels.

They eat very little meat and eat a diet based around vegetables. They also walk everywhere.

We are all over weight in north america because we eat way too much and don't exercise near enough.

More? Carbs and Fat ratios need to be in proportion. No. But as per ANOTHER race and height thread I posted a reply on when you look at a list of countries with the tallest people you'll see two things stand out

Healthcare and overall protein intake. My country, the UK, has the NHS (national health service) and, after the 1950's, our diets had a higher percentile of protein than before (we were on war rations before). The US, as a whole, eats a LOT of protein and, although there are the issues with costs, has great healthcare. And the last time I looked the Dutch (from the Netherlands / Holland) had the No 1 spot. And again it's protein and healthcare than seems to be the reason.

If you look at the shorter races you have obvious genetics (Zulus, as a race, tend towards a long lean look vs short fat looking Eskimos). Then diet (Zulus eat meat and drank milk mixed with blood vs seal meat for Eskimos). So I'd give you good odds that the Dutch, Americans and Brits eat way more protein than say an average Thai diet has.

Top Bottom