x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Taurine

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Taurine within the Bodybuilding Supplements category.

Excerpt: A Bullish Amino Acid By Anthony Almada, MS What amino acid was first found in the gallbladder of a bull and shares its name with an astrological sign? Taurine, like those Taureans, is tough. It's also the active ingredient in the popular beverage, Red Bull, and is available in other natural beverages. Taurine is a veritable smorgasbord of sterling qualities. It's an antioxidant, detoxifier, and acts to regulate potassium and calcium levels and to stabilize cell membranes. In animal

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Thread: Taurine

Want a good body? Work at it. Want to be a success? Work at it. Want to be truly exceptional? Be a touch insane...You need a little bit of insanity to do great things

Thumbs up Taurine

A Bullish Amino Acid
    By Anthony Almada, MS

What amino acid was first found in the gallbladder of a bull and shares its name with an astrological sign? Taurine, like those Taureans, is tough. It's also the active ingredient in the popular beverage, Red Bull, and is available in other natural beverages. Taurine is a veritable smorgasbord of sterling qualities. It's an antioxidant, detoxifier, and acts to regulate potassium and calcium levels and to stabilize cell membranes.

In animal studies, taurine concentrations in the blood and several organs (including the brain) decline with age and are associated with cumulative free radical assault. Fortunately, this decrease can be partly corrected by supplementation.

Taurine appears to be particularly beneficial to the heart and blood vessels. Taking from 3 to 6 grams a day can lower blood pressure. Over the long run, it can improve heart function in those with congestive heart failure. The two grams of taurine delivered in two cans of Red Bull also appear to help alleviate the mental fogginess caused by physical fatigue and to improve heart performance during and after exercise. Taurine alone was not systematically tested.

Nutrition and exercise biochemist Anthony Almada, MS, has collaborated on more than 45 university-based studies, is co-founder of Experimental and Applied Sciences (EAS)
    If you don't shut your fucking mouth, I will kill you.

Sport, truth, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. You believe what you choose and I'll believe what I know.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice;
    it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Interesting...

Right now I am taking around 4-5g of taurine before my carb-up meal in a few pre carb-up supplements.

Good Bro
    I need to get some of this.

Isnt taurine good for glycogen replenishment? I know Cell-tech and a few other creatine formulas have around 2g of taurine in them.