Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking Flax Oil and Fiber at Same Time Bad Idea?

rogerwilcox

Hey Guys,

I've heard that taking flax oil and fiber supplements at the same time is not a good idea as the fiber will prevent the fat from getting in my body.

Then I thought - well, if that's the case, why aren't people selling fiber as a fat loss supplement (to all those people who believe that taking fat out of your diet is the key - we all know that's bullshit - it's calories and insulin levels). Chitosan is a marine fiber that is sold for this very pupose (preventing fat from being metabolized).

I only ask as I am having a hard time figuring out where to supplement fiber in my diet. I eat salads etc., but I want that extra fiber from the supplements as it really helps me feel healthy.

Taking it with my shake in the morning (where I'm taking flax, protien, and my normal arsenal of supps) would be ideal, but I'm worried about losing the benefit of the flax oil...

As a final note - I could imagine how it could affect fat soluble vitamins, as their amounts are so minute, but will it affect abundant amounts of flax? If there really is this affect, I imagine there would be some formula that shows how much fat each gram of fiber would affect...

Any thouhgts on this one?

Thanks!

Roger

mixing fats with protein does not slow down the enzymatic digestion of protein (digestive rate). dietary fibers such as Fibersol or Fibersol2 can slow the modulation (digestive rate) of the particular protein.

I don't think fiber would prevent the fat from being absorbed

But, fiber (especialy bran) will prevent minerals (Ca, Zn, Mg,...) from being absorbed

Top Bottom