x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Taking dextrose after workout

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Taking dextrose after workout within the Bodybuilding Supplements category.

Excerpt: Taking dextrose/glucose with whey after workout serves to momentarily stimulate pancreas to excrete insulin to remove sugar from blood and deposits it into cells. Together with whey. How dangerous is to everyday stimulate your pancreas to produce that much insulin and does that lead to diabetes? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Taking dextrose after workout

Taking dextrose/glucose with whey after workout serves to momentarily stimulate pancreas to excrete insulin to remove sugar from blood and deposits it into cells. Together with whey.
    How dangerous is to everyday stimulate your pancreas to produce that much insulin and does that lead to diabetes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Taking dextrose after workout

this idea is extremely RETARDED pure and simple

the reason for consuming dex shakes post workout is derived from guys who slam insulin at the higher levels. so of course, people started parroting that info as gospel and then supp companies got in on the action pushing this strategy.

a normal gym rat does not need to consume sugar post workout. we get TOO MUCH sugar in our american diets as it is.. adding more is just plain STUPID

how about going home and preparing a healthy nutritious meal instead? that would yield superior health first and foremost than these stupid dex shakes, and the people pushing this nonsense (along with drinking chocolate milk post workout, another retarded idea) simply do not understand nutrition and failed a community college nutrition class or didn't pay attention

and to answer your specific question on if it will cause a rise in insulin and increase chances of diabetes.. the answer is it will make you more insulin resistant yes, which will increase the chances of you developing type 2 diabetes down the line.. i wouldn't go as far as saying that it will cause it. but i can tell you it will increase many more issues. remember sugar is a magnet to disease.

the less sugar you get the better is my point
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. contact me I can help you
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to N2bm, juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Quote Quote posted by vexotex View Post
    Taking dextrose/glucose with whey after workout serves to momentarily stimulate pancreas to excrete insulin to remove sugar from blood and deposits it into cells. Together with whey.
    How dangerous is to everyday stimulate your pancreas to produce that much insulin and does that lead to diabetes?

The main reason this all got started is docs used to use it as a tester. They could measure uptake easier. But as an actually useful thing... not really.

Quote Quote posted by vexotex View Post

If your carbohydrate intake is adequate by the end if the day, this is completely unnecessary. For some people this is an easier way to supplement carbs. I also know some people that burn through carbs like theres no tomorrow. I'm somewhat like that and my carb intake is higher than the average person's. At times I supplement a bit of carbs post workout depending on my goals. When my carbs are just a bit low I flatten out quickly. It really just depends on the person, the goal, etc
    PM me for help with your cycle, PCT, and discounts from forum sponsors

Click here for the Best Supplements from N2BM

It's not something I'm interested in

I wouldn't bother with it.