Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Supps when fasting ???

jamesbeattie

[FONT=&quot]Supplements advised to be taken when fasting ? I was wondering if I was fasting would taking supplements be considered to interrupt the fasting process? I am super curious if that would be something to consider when attempting to fast. Maybe I am wrong just wanted to see what the consensus is. I dont mind not taking supplements for a couple days either.[/FONT]

It depends on who you ask. My opinion is that if the supplements in question provide no calories, than they do not break a fast any more than water does.

depends on the supplements and depends on your goals

if you want to achieve maximum autophagy you should take nothing but water and electrolytes (if needed)

it isn't just about what supplements have calories or not. just because something does not have calories doesn't mean it wont' break a fast. artificial sweeteners most certainly break a fast even though they have no calories.

a lot of people are so worried about 'losing gains' that they don't grasp what fasting is all about.. the point of fasting is to not put anything in your body to interfere with it repairing and regenerating cells.

here is a video on fasting and calories https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1oabLBJRlA by Thomas Delauer

you can still fast WITH calories. just depends on the food

example: calories from pure fat? won't kick you out of a fast at all if your goals are pure fat loss. hence why the keto diet is so popular and works so well for people who actually do it right. what you can do is actually eat a spoonful of pure unrefined organic coconut oil and you will be fine.

don't get me wrong though, if you want to get all you can from fasting then do nothing except water and some electrolytes, BUT 1 spoonfull of coconut oil has 120 calories and won't ruin a fast, but a diet soda has 0 calories and WILL ruin a fast completely. so it isn't all about calories

[FONT=&quot]Supplements advised to be taken when fasting ? I was wondering if I was fasting would taking supplements be considered to interrupt the fasting process? I am super curious if that would be something to consider when attempting to fast. Maybe I am wrong just wanted to see what the consensus is. I dont mind not taking supplements for a couple days either.[/FONT]
Some supplements are fine. Some are not. Just depends on if it elicits an insulin release or not

depends on the supplements and depends on your goals

if you want to achieve maximum autophagy you should take nothing but water and electrolytes (if needed)

it isn't just about what supplements have calories or not. just because something does not have calories doesn't mean it wont' break a fast. artificial sweeteners most certainly break a fast even though they have no calories.

a lot of people are so worried about 'losing gains' that they don't grasp what fasting is all about.. the point of fasting is to not put anything in your body to interfere with it repairing and regenerating cells.

What do you use to gain electrolytes in your body while fasting ? Can you get by without using them???

If you're electrolytes aren't maintained, you will have trouble staying hydrated, issues with cramping, etc.

What do you use to gain electrolytes in your body while fasting ? Can you get by without using them???

himalayan pink salt added to water will work wonders while fasting especially if you feel hungry or off

you can also add in cream of tartar to water which is potassium

and then there is also liquid magnesium 200-400mg a day

Top Bottom