x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Supplements to negate birth control weight gain?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Supplements to negate birth control weight gain? within the Bodybuilding Supplements category.

Excerpt: Note: I posted this in the Diet forum and moved it here after a recommendation of one of the members.. Seems like there should be some experienced people on this board, anyhow: My girlfriend wants go on birth control. We have had a couple scares in the past year, in no uncertain terms, with condoms so she wants to try something like the shot. She doesn't want the pill because it's easy to forget, so she's looking into Depo-Provera. She works out 3 times a week (cardio + strength training

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Supplements to negate birth control weight gain?

Note: I posted this in the Diet forum and moved it here after a recommendation of one of the members.. Seems like there should be some experienced people on this board, anyhow:

My girlfriend wants go on birth control. We have had a couple scares in the past year, in no uncertain terms, with condoms so she wants to try something like the shot. She doesn't want the pill because it's easy to forget, so she's looking into Depo-Provera.

She works out 3 times a week (cardio + strength training program). She's in pretty good shape and is petrified of the weight gain associated with hormonal birth control. She's had too many friends, well, uh, become not so in shape while on the pill, even while they continue an already strenuous workout program.

So she's looking for one of two things. 1) a solid birth control method which will not give her a bunch of undesired side effects (namely weight gain) or 2) a way to negate the birth control weight gain. Would anything be able to negate this? Some type of thermogenic like T-Rex possibly? Has anyone had success combating this or found a better way to stay, well, not pregnant?

Fire away..
    Aww, when the world ends..

Why doesn't she look into an IUD instead of the BC pill?

Depo is not the way to go, if she is afraid of weight gain. It very well may be that weight gain is the least of the side effects.

Stay well clear.

I agree. My sister-in-law got terrible, scarring cystic acne all over her back & shoulders.

Good Broly
    Depo is NOT a way to go.

1) I doubt it you can do anything to offset the changes - she will be gaining weight due to extra estrogen and fighting it w/fat burners and cardio is HARD.

2) below is cut and paste from another threat that she can try..
    --
    Orthocept is just a brand of pill prescribed. It is a low hormone level pill which gives me no sides, which is a miracle. It is one of the lowest hormone level pills on the market & also happens to work well for a friend of mine as well. The generic version of Orhtocept 28 is called Apri. I have bought the generic version & non generic version & they are both the same except the generic is cheaper. I had the same results on both generci & non generic. Your g/f may wanna give Orthocept a try before she gives up on using the pill.

Many of the women on here have reported good results with the Yasmin, Allesse, or the NuvaRing. Since she's already prone to mood swings on BC, definitely stay away from Depo Provera (the shot).

Originally posted by Millie
    Why doesn't she look into an IUD instead of the BC pill?
    Well it was my understanding that an IUD is hormonal in much the same way as the pill or the shot. Have you had a different/more positive experience with the IUD?
    Aww, when the world ends..

Mad Scientist
    IUD can be hormonal, but it is typically better received by the body - meaning, less sides. Also, there is the Copper IUD which is non-hormonal. She might have to do some begging to get the IUD though - some Doc's don't like to give it to women who haven't had children yet. The initial cost is greater - a few hundred, not covered by insurance usually, but in the long run, the cost evens out with the BCP.

As far as BCP, she needs to talk to her doc about which one is best for her. I take Loestrin FE 1/20 - it is a lower dose BCP and I love it. No problems at all.

Not all women gain from the pill - or get sides. I have never gotten sides from the pill, I just tolerate it well. Others can't take ANY BCP.

As far as limiting weight gain - not sure if you can. If your body is sensitive to hormonal weight gain, then I am not sure you can counteract that. Of course, a clean diet and solid exercsie program will do wonders for limiting weight gain on anyone.