Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Supplements

Trance

I'm hoping I can post here without being flamed. I'm a member of the Thin Forum, but am not really underweight. I used to be, but I gained over 100 pounds while pregnant. I've lost a great deal of the weight I put on, but am stuck at a plateau. I'm interested in trying some type of supplement, but I'm clueless as to which kind and how much. I'm currently 5'11 and about 137 pounds, and I'm trying to get down to around 120. I stick to a low-carb high-protein diet(no sugar/white flour), and do 45 min of Pilates per day with a half hour to 45 min of cardio, usually Tae Bo or something similar. I'm also trying to incorporate free weights into my program.

If any of you have recommendations, I'd appreciate it - I've heard that a lot of supplements decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills, and I'd like to avoid that at all costs!

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

diamonddiceclay said:
lift more and do a bit less cardio

He's got a good point there. Muscle burns fat while at rest. So if you were to start building some muscle with free weights, it would be easier to burn off fat.

I'd just like to say that 5'11" and 137 seems like a great weight ratio to me. I think you'd be much happier if you stayed in the upper 130 range but just replace fat weight with muscle weight. Get a personal trainer to monitor your body fat and weight, without letting you see your weight.

I currently work out at home. I don't really have many weights other than wussy little hand weights, but I'm hoping Santa will be kind this year. :D That's why I've mainly been limited to cardio.

I have experience in over-the-counter supplements but not AS steroids - "supplements" as they're sometimes referred to. I think MRP (meal replacement) supplements are great. Of course real food is always better, but MRP drinks are very convenient. Also, having had an eating disorder myself I know it's hard sometimes to deal with real food - the thought of preparing it and touching used to give me the willies, but I'm ok with it now.

The shakes are easy, I think they taste good, and really stay with me. I usually have one for breakfast or as a snack. A mixture I like is 1/2 envelope of Myoplex lite mixed with 1 scoop of ProLab Pure Whey protein, a squirt of flaxseed oil, water and ice cubes. It makes a big thick shake. I like the vanilla flavor because I can add other things like blueberries to change the flavor. (Blueberries/fruit etc add to the carb count.) Calorie breakdown (does not include flaxseed oil - this does have calories, I'm not sure how many, but it's the "good" EFA fat you need that helps burn body fat)

Cal - 225 fat - 2.75g carb - 16g protein - 32g

Like the other folks said, concentrate more on weights and less on cardio. As you build muscle and burn fat (building muscle makes this easier), your measurements will decrease because muscle is harder and denser than fat. You may find you don't need to lose as many pounds as you think! Find someone to bodyfat test you and gauge your progress by that (or a currently tight pair of pants), not the scale.

Thanks! I've tried the Myoplex bars but never the shakes - will have to give those a go. I sometimes have the Carb Solution shakes, which have 3g carbs, 12g fat, and 20g protein. They're not bad. I really appreciate the tips!

Actually, I meant a supplement (diet pill, etc.) that would help me burn fat, like a thermogenic or something. I do want to increase my muscle tone, but not add mass.

I phrased that wrong. I meant that I'd like to add muscle, decrease fat, and yet not become bulky or "ripped". I'd like to keep a lean look. I find that I've reached a plateau as far as fat loss, which is why I've been thinking about supplements.

No clue. I don't currently go to a gym - I work out at home, so I've had no opportunity to get it tested. I'm thinkin' it's fairly high, though. I'm not really flabby, but I have way too much junk in the trunk for my taste. I have a tiny frame (4 inch wrists), and carry all my weight in my butt. Begone, butt!

So fat loss is my main goal, I suppose.

Top Bottom