Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

supplementing after a serious injury...

Stiffler

I'm recovering from a broken arm and I have been in the gym now for the last 3 weeks lifting about 3/8 of what I could before. so I was wondering Is there anything I should take or increase while I am recovering, my muscles get so sore after workingout. Should I bump up my protein supps a little...any feed back will be great. and thanks for all the help!:D

any opinions or should I just keep everything where it was at while I was workingout before I broke my arm?:)
THANKS!

I'd suggest BCAA's and lots of vit C plus glutamine of course.]

The above are known to help repair and retain muscle tissue even when not exercising much.

Up the protien to rebuild the LBM you lost while in the arm cast. Creatin, Glutamine
After you get over the initial weakness, give the weak arm a couple of extra reps on each set vs the good arm.

for some reason when I workout out my arms my good one feels more sore than my bad one:( hmm

How long do u think I should wait until I start up a creatine cycle?

thanks!

Stifler,

So far the advice has been good. Up your protein to 1.5-2 grams per body weight, try to eat 6 protein rich meals a day ( 2-3 can be MRP's in a pinch ). This will keep you body in an anabolic state. Take your creatine, glutamine, flax w/lignans and a good multi vitamin. Also extra E & C vitamins wouldn't hurt.
Keep training and good luck. Remember don't over do it, pace yourself. It will take time to get back where you were. Get enough rest.

PS your good arm is getting more sore because if you are doing alot of barbell work it is pickup the slack of the bad arm. I would recommend dumbell work to properly stress you arms separately. This will also help get the strength and mass up on the bad arm more quickly. Take care. Hoped I helped.

don't forget your calcium....that's really important since you're trying to come back from a broken bone!!!

Vitamin C and E for sure
Glutamine and Protein a no brainer
Massage on your recovering arm would be good to. It will increase the bloodflow and aid in repair. You probably had muscle or tendon damage with the break that need to be healed properly too. That scar tissue can be a bitch sometimes. Drop me a line if you have muscle/tendon pains and need some advice to heal.

Top Bottom