Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

supplement question

rasta

I just received a bottle of yohimburn and was wondering what you guys recommend for application, as in when and how many times during a 24hr period.

Also, I just read the article about glycogen storage,where two supplements were recommended. How many supplements is a bodybuilder/fitness competitor supposed to take?

It seems like the recommended list just grows and grows. How does anyone afford this. Right now I take protein (isopure if my choice) two times a day to supplement the amount of protein that I get during the day which ensures that I get 2g per lb of bodyweight. I drink lots of water and am trying a new eca stack with gugg. to help me attack that last bit of fat on the back of my legs. I only take this one pill of each one to two times daily and usually only on days that I am looking for an energy boost or before my workout when I want that extra energy to lift really heavy.

I have been considering creatine and now I hear about these two supplements vanydal (sp?) and glutamine?

And about glutamine, since the body doesn't recognize that protein in that form, doesn't break it down into its amino acids and then rebuild it in the glutine form if needed? Which means that if your getting enough protein overall do you really need to supplement with this specific type of protein?

Just a little confused. Thanks in advance for your advice and help you guys!
Rasta

Preface: I am not a sports supplement guru. I don't know too much about them and I've never used any. But this is my sweeping-generalization-overview-of-supps:

Supplement companies want you to think you MUST have their supplements to get the body you want. That's not true. 'Nuff said.

Take a multivitamin, specially if you don't eat all the veggies you should.

Enough protein is key, but you don't need to supplement it. Just eat more tuna, chicken, etc.

Glutamine is regarded as a worthwhile supplement by just about everyone. Most diets don't supply a lot of glutamic acid, though dairy products (=cottage cheese) are purported to provide quite a bit. Dairy has a lot of detracters, so don't tell 'em I said to eat lots of dairy.

A lot of people really like creatine but some people are totally unresponsive to it. Thought to be beneficial primarily to those who don't eat much red meat.

Vanadium, vanadyl, etc is, from what I've heard, total hype and has no effect on glycogen stores.

Don't know too much about Yohimburn. Apply consistently to a specific area before cardio for 2 weeks then move to a different area is what I think I've read????

There you have it. Straight from an expert. :rolleyes:

If you do a search on each of these supps separately, you will come up with lots of info, I'm sure.

Good karma to spatterson!!!

I cracked up sitting in my cube reading your post sucking on a myoplex....

Top Bottom