Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Supp help!!

LiLady11

Hi all!! My best friend went a lil crazy the other day at the Vitamin Shop and bought a bunch of stuff for me. I'm on Celexa for panic and anxiety attacks and unfortunately, have gained weight from the meds and from being in a funk. I'm trying to start a new diet and exercise plan to try and get things rolling. I currently take a Centrum multi-vitamin, 600 mg of calcium, 1000 mg Calcium, and a FiberCon tablet. I was wondering if all that is necessary? My friend also bought me Tonalin Conjugated Linoleic Acid 1000 mg and Twinlab Energy Fuel. I know I'm not allowed anything with ephedrine, which is why she purchased this for me. It says it is MaHuang Free, which the man at the store says was good for someone with anxiety. It says on the back, per 2 tablets, that it contains 910 mg of Guarana Seed Extract, 325 mg Citrus Aurantium Extract and 10 mg of a proprietary herbal blend. Should I be taking either one of these things? And when and how often each day?

Thanks in advance!!
LiLady

If you have anxiety/panic attacks I would not opt to use herbs to help your problem out, see a doctor first. These herbs may not help to correct the underlying problem.

About your Fibercon, it's not really fiber if i remember correctly, it's more like a stimulant of some sort. If you can get some Metamucil or some psyillium husk fiber, it would be a much better idea. Oat Bran fiber is ok, i think psyillium husk is much better. If you can afford the caps get it, if not go for metamucil.

Centrum from what i've heard is kind of crappy. Especially if you'll be working out. Best multi i've seen is AST's multi sold at dpsnutrition.com much better absorption and quantity of vitamins/minerals is much better as well.

How old r u? Why are you taking 1000mg of Calcium?

I think the energy thing you are taking has Synephrine, which is a cousin to Ephedrine. It's not as strong but it's closely related. And if you can't drink much coffee, i'd say stay away from all those products.

LiLady11 said:
currently take a Centrum multi-vitamin, 600 mg of calcium, 1000 mg Calcium
LiLady

I assume one of the calciums mentioned is a type-o. I would just keep the multi's and drop the others. I don't see why you would need them. Also, as anxiety is concerend, as your doctor what he thinks will be good, don't try self-medication as it could be useless and dangerous. I hear xanax is good for anxiety.

Don't take centrum multi vit: the minerals are not well absorbed (poor bio-availability)

1000 mg Calcium : do you need so much ? if you drink milk/eat dairy products, you don't need more than 500mg

any ephedrine, Synephrine, Norephedrine.... : NO NO
you'd rather talk to your doctor about anxiety/panic attacks

Top Bottom