Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strange smell from mouth with protein

Iavtushenko

I started taking my protein, but now after 2-3 weeksof using it, my wife says I am having a strange smell from my mouth.Is that normal? Could it be because of the protein? If it is protein,what can I do?

My theory is that you are lactose intolerant, and this protein is causing you GI issues. Many times a bad smell from the mouth can be an indicator of GI issues, stomach problems, and tooth health. Therefore, if your teeth are alright, then most probably it is GI due to lactose.

What you want to do, is get a protein product that is made with whey isolate, not concentrate. The concentrate has lots of lactose in it, so proteins made with this sort of whey will cause stomach issues. On the other hand, the Isolate is the purest form of whey that has no lactose in it, so it does not cause these problems. The best one I know is the Isolation by N2Bm - it is made with 100% whey Isolate, has no additives, or sweeteners. Besides, it tastes really great and has a good price, so it is well worth considering for use.

Whey protein is a milk derivative. Milk often gives people bad breath. It's just one of those foods known to give bad breath. Coffee is another one.

Brush your teeth or use some mouth wash after you drink your shake and the problem should be solved.

Today is sunday, and all places are closed, so I will get an appointment with my dentist next week. I did have some pain in the tooth for some time, but I did not think it can cause bad smell. About the protein, which examples could you give me that have no lactose and won't make you smell?

Top Bottom