Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scoops! Someone explain this to me

mrzap

I got curious today with my day off from work. I notice the side of my protein tub says serving size two scoops (28.70 grams)

I just happened to have one of those mini food scales. I took a scoop of protein (used the scooper they give you with the tub) and placed it on the scale. One scoop came to be around 30 grams. If that is the case then how is two scoops supposed to be 28.70? That would mean I have been overestimating my protein intake big time.

When they list the amount of grams next to the serving size like that then they mean weight of 2 scoops no?

Someone fill me in here. Thanks

I've been to several supplement/ nutrient manufacturing plants and most times when they fill containers with protein they can barely get the lid on. But by the time you get it at the store the container only looks 3/4 full. I never understood why the initial filling of the container took up so much volume and how a few days later the settling could reduce the volume by almost half.

I think if more settling were to occur your scoop would weight around 28 grams.

You mean less settling? Wouldn't more settling make it more compact thus making it weigh more?

The volume is due to the presence of matter such as air. Settling happens when the air leaves the chemical structure of the formula thus decreasing the weight per gram.

Is this a logical hypothesis?

Top Bottom