Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Saw Palmetto Berry?

H

harddtime

Guys i got a bottle of Saw Palmetto, but it says it has 600mg Saw Palmetto Berries (Serenoa repens) (Providing 10-12% Liposterolic Acids) no clue what the hell all means, but i hope it's the shit i'm supposed to take to help with my hair? anyone? I know Saw Palmetto is the stuff i'm supposed to take but the whole "Berries" thing is throwing me off since i've never seen anyone mention it, thanks.

i know that, but i'm kinda looking for it to help with hair loss, my prostate is pretty clean as far as i know :D

You should try and get the standardized extract. For example the stuff I just bought has:

Saw Palmetto Berry Extract: 150mg (standardized to 25% fatty acids)
Saw Palmetto Berry Powder: 250mg

I think the higher the extract amount the more potent it will be.

Yes saw palmetto is supposed to help fairly well with reducing hair loss during a cycle. I don't know if it will work otherwise, though it would probably help a little at least. I just got, for my upcoming cycle of finasol, Pyegeum & Saw Palmetto from NOW foods. It has 80mg saw palmetto berry extract standarized to contain 85-95% fatty acids and sterols which is 68-76 mg. The pygeum is at 25 mg standarized to 13%. They (saw palmetto and Pygeum) are supposed to work together synergistically to help with DHT which is what causes both hair loss and prostate enlargement.

For hair loss prevention, some good anecdotal reports have been made with taking 100 mg of zinc gluconate at bedtime. However, it might be a good idea to take B6 with it also, since some sources say B6 is required to activate it. However, B6 by itself may actually inhibit 5-AR--which saw palmetto also has been reported to do. (Apparently Dan Duchaine reported that a self-test can be done by shaving a spot of hair on your arm and comparing...I don't know about that, I haven't see that quote personally...however, taking saw palmetto you PROBABLY should feel like you are sweating a little more than normal...if it interrupts DHT by way of 5-AR then it will definitely have an indirect impact on prolactin levels...thus the sweating slight increase. This is just my reasoning however, and could be off base).

Also know that some people combine the herbs Saw Palmetto, Fo-ti, Zinc and a good B-complex that contains B6 to stop hair loss.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom