Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

safe for kids to drink protein?

sagage

i got some whey protein myprotein brand, and have been drinking them daily after my workouts for my protein requirements. my 12 year old saw me drinking it and jumped up on the counter and grabbed the tub to try it too. now he drinks them every morning trying to be like dad. is this okay for him to drink?

dangerous? no... but
good for their digestive system? no.

remember dairy is very inflammatory and hard to digest so it would be like letting your 12 year old eat nothing but candy bars and pizza all the time. you don't want your kid developing gut issues into adulthood

i got some whey protein myprotein brand, and have been drinking them daily after my workouts for my protein requirements. my 12 year old saw me drinking it and jumped up on the counter and grabbed the tub to try it too. now he drinks them every morning trying to be like dad. is this okay for him to drink?

Is he stealing your protein and you're saying nothing? There's this great thing you can teach your children called discipline.

He almost certainly has no need for it, but it's unlikely to cause any issues that wouldn't otherwise be cause by other dairy products.

While it isn't dangerous, it does take away from the teaching opportunity to consume whole real food and not supplements. You want to get your protein from whole foods and not powders.

Whey protein is just fine man just no creatine or anything extracted like that IMO. Kids Multivitamins are fine.

That being said I would make sure to teach my kid he doesn't need any sort of crutch to be strong. No supplements or protein and no juice obviously. You want to inculcate in his mind that his natural body can and will get stronger and stronger over time as he trains and grows. Teach him that his diet choices and mental strength will determine his success in sports much more profoundly and to focus his energy there.

I have an 18yrl son that has professional aspirations and he doesn't take any supplements although I own a supplement company. I teach him that if he wants to turn Pro and have a real future, he has to turn Pro completely natty. He can't use any crutches at all to turn Pro because it will just make his mind weak.

So I guess long answer short: physically he should be fine drinking whey protein but mentally you don't want to be the one to influence him into thinking that taking some sort of magic potion(other than good foods) will make his body stronger.

Top Bottom