Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Running and leg atrophy

powerup79

Good Broly
Platinum
In terms of building muscle thru weight training and/or maintaining muscle mass how much of a negative is it to also run 1-2 miles a day?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

the thing you want to worry about is overtraining your legs. i used to do a windsprint 1.7miles on the treadmill on full blast then run into the shower and take a cold shower to cool down. then do weight training. it really beat my body down and i was still in my 20's. today 20 years later no way can i do that.

also it depends on how much effort you are putting into that 1-2 miles. is it just a tempo run or a slow job? or it is balls to the wall sprinting?

my advice is don't run the day of or the day before leg day at the very least

the thing you want to worry about is overtraining your legs. i used to do a windsprint 1.7miles on the treadmill on full blast then run into the shower and take a cold shower to cool down. then do weight training. it really beat my body down and i was still in my 20's. today 20 years later no way can i do that.

also it depends on how much effort you are putting into that 1-2 miles. is it just a tempo run or a slow job? or it is balls to the wall sprinting?

my advice is don't run the day of or the day before leg day at the very least
A jog, 6mph on the treadmill

A jog, 6mph on the treadmill

that is a 10 minute mile should everyone shoudl be able to do in their sleep so it won't be a big deal man

i do wind sprints where i do 1.7 miles in about 11-12 minutes where the treadmill is on full blast. afterwards i feel like i am going to puke i get so hot

that is a 10 minute mile should everyone shoudl be able to do in their sleep so it won't be a big deal man

i do wind sprints where i do 1.7 miles in about 11-12 minutes where the treadmill is on full blast. afterwards i feel like i am going to puke i get so hot
I always wondered if doing it your way was better for muscle retention considering slower paced distance runners have twigs for legs while sprinters are jacked.

In terms of building muscle thru weight training and/or maintaining muscle mass how much of a negative is it to also run 1-2 miles a day?

i think its not negative to run its positive
you'll have good heart health so you can build more mass

Top Bottom