Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

Toasted Quinoa with Watercress

Serves 6

Ingredients

1 cup quinoa
1 red pepper, diced
2 green onions, thinly slice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cups water
1/2 cup watercress

Directions

1. Rinse quinoa before cooking to remove the coating of a bitter substance called saponins.
2. Sauté quinoa in olive oil, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until quinoa is lightly toasted.
3. Bring water to a boil.
4. Stir in quinoa, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
5. While quinoa is cooking, add red pepper and green onion to the oil, and sauté just a few minutes more.
6. Combine quinoa, red peppers and green onions.
7. Allow quinoa mixture to cool.
8. Tear the watercress into bite-sized pieces and gently fold into quinoa mixture.

Nutrition facts: 114 calories: 15g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 5g fat,

dirty~d~ said:
Simple, tasty, low fat chicken:

One jar salsa/picante sauce (Pace, non-chunky for me)
3 tablespoons mustard (any kind)
1 lb chicken breasts

Heat oven to 400. Mix the mustard and salsa in a small bowl. Put the chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour the mustard/salsa over the top. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy. I usually chow it down with avocado. :)

that sounds like it may be good, gonna have to try. I've been needing something else to do with my chicken and that sounds fast and easy..thanks!

dirty~d~ said:
Simple, tasty, low fat chicken:

One jar salsa/picante sauce (Pace, non-chunky for me)
3 tablespoons mustard (any kind)
1 lb chicken breasts

Heat oven to 400. Mix the mustard and salsa in a small bowl. Put the chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour the mustard/salsa over the top. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy. I usually chow it down with avocado. :)

made this and this is delish! Thank you for the recipe!! Chicken was nice and juicy and had great flavor.

lots of pages to go through here but does anyone have easy recipe to change up my talipia? (sp?)

I have only baked it with different spices, and as yummy as it is (to my surprise) I don't want to burn out on it

ksharp01 said:
lots of pages to go through here but does anyone have easy recipe to change up my talipia? (sp?)

I have only baked it with different spices, and as yummy as it is (to my surprise) I don't want to burn out on it

Bake it with different flavors Mrs. Dash or Salt free cajun spice is good.....I also like any spice + lemon/lime juice......you could even put a few fruit slices on top of it with some veggies, seal it in a foil packet & bake.....tilapia is good with salsa on top too --> that's my favorite!

Healthy Onion rings:

Ingredients:

1 large onion

1/4 cup original Egg Beaters

1/4 cup packaged breadcrumbs, or 1/2 cup crushed Fiber One (use a blender or food processor)**

*Although you’ll only actually use a quarter cup of each, it may be easier to dunk the rings if you dole out a bit more Egg Beaters and breadcrumbs while preparing.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut edges off onion, and remove outer layer. Cut onion into 1/2 inch wide slices, and separate into rings. Next, fill a small bowl (just large enough for onion rings to fit in) with Egg Beaters. Pour breadcrumbs onto a small dish. One by one, coat each ring in egg and then breadcrumbs (give each ring a shake after the egg bath). Place on an oven-safe baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping rings over about halfway through. Serves one!

Look for 4C’s Carb Careful Plain Bread Crumbs at the supermarket. While around the same calorie count as ordinary breadcrumbs, they're fat-free and full of fiber! Their seasoned version has just 1 gram of fat per serving.

Serving Size: 15 rings; one recipe

Calories: 175

Fat: 1.5g

Sodium: 316mg

Carbs: 30g

Fiber: 2.5g
Sugars: 6g

Protein: 10.5g

*3 Points for WW

**Calories are slightly lower and fiber is much higher if you use Fiber One "breadcrumbs"

Pumpkin Cream Cheese

Ingredients:

4 tbsp. fat free cream cheese

1 tbsp. pure pumpkin

3 SPLENDA® Flavor Blends for Coffee Packets, French Vanilla

1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Directions:

Combine all ingredients. Serves 2.

Nutritional Info per serving: 39 cal. (0 cal. from fat), 0g fat, 0g sat. fat, 5mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 3g carbs, <1g fiber, 1g sugars, 4g protein

Hungry Girl's Creamy-Good Eggplant Dip

(1/4 recipe: 55 calories, <0.5g fat, 175mg sodium, 11.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 3g protein = 1 Point)

Mmm, this velvety veggie puree is full of flavor, thanks to the sweet nutty taste of roasted garlic. Enjoy it with veggies and toasted pita pieces, and even spread on sandwiches.

Ingredients:

1 large eggplant (large enough to yield about 2 cups cooked flesh)

1 bulb garlic

1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt (thick Greek versions like Fage Total 0% work AWESOME!)

3 tbsp. dried parsley

1 and a 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt

Optional: pepper, red pepper flakes, and additional salt*

Directions:
Begin by preheating oven to 400 degrees. Remove excess papery skin surrounding the garlic bulb (but don't peel completely) and wrap bulb in tinfoil. Pierce eggplant in several places with a fork. Place eggplant in a baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Place dish and foil-wrapped garlic in the oven and cook for 40 minutes (or until soft & tender), flipping eggplant halfway through. Remove eggplant and garlic from oven and allow to cool. Once cool enough to handle, peel garlic cloves and place them in a blender. Slice eggplant open and peel back skin. Measure out 2 cups eggplant flesh (score flesh with a knife to make it easier to scoop out) and place in blender as well. Add yogurt, parsley, salt, and lemon juice to the blender and puree until well mixed. If desired, season to taste with pepper, more s alt, and/or red pepper flakes (for heat). Makes approximately 4 half-cup servings.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sweetest Cinn
No need to sneer at the people chomping on hot, buttery, sugar-coated pretzels at the mall anymore. Now you can whip up your very own shopping-mall-quality soft pretzels in your kitchen (yes, we see the humor in that sentence). So if it's chewy, doughy, sweet, decadent pretzels you crave, feel free to cave -- and indulge in HG's latest tasty creation. Just dough it.

Ingredients:

1 2.25-oz. SUPERPRETZEL soft pretzel (from the 6-count frozen package) OR another frozen soft pretzel**

1 tbsp. SPLENDA, Granular

1/8 tsp. cinnamon

1/8 tsp. salt (NOT the entire salt packet that comes with the pretzels)

10 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl mix Splenda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. Spray a small baking pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Place pretzel on pan and bake for 2 minutes. Remove pretzel and spray each side evenly with butter spray (5 sprays per side). Next, cover entire pretzel with Splenda/cinnamon/salt mixture. Bake for an additional 6 minutes (flipping halfway through). Enjoy!

Serving Size: 1 pretzel (entire recipe)
Calories: 175
Fat: 2g
Sodium: 450mg
Carbs: 36g
Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 5g

*3 Points!

Top Bottom