Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

alycat said:
I made these kick ass lean chix burgers, with egg whites and oatmeal... I was wondering what you thought about coating it with shaken bake (on the outside of the burger) it would be sooo good and really it's not allot of shaken bake...
so what ya think???? lol!

I think you could come up with something "homemade" instead of Shake N' Bake.....

Try a combo of Extra Spicy Mrs. Dash +/- some Cayenne Pepper, Pepper, Italian Seasoning, etc....... For the crunchiness (which to me, is what Shake N Bake provides) use some pulsed oatmeal, wheat flakes, flax meal, wheat bran, or a combonation thereof.......

A good idea is to have a coffee grinder (a $10 job) & use it specifically for spices and the whole meals...... or a mini food processer (Costco for ~ $29) is handy.....

Mix the burgers by hand with the egg whites & spices & a little dry mix to bind it (can use ground chix, turkey, crab, buffalo, etc) then wet hands in water & pat the burgers with damp hands then dip in the dry mix to coat.

To stay crispy it might be better to bake the burgers on a sheet/jellyroll pan topped with a grate (you can pick them both up at a kitchen store for about $6-$10 each. Just make sure the grate fits the pan B4 you leave the store!! You can also buy a set of two for under $20. The grate is easier if it's non-stick.

That sounds good!

Here's one I found in a thing at the grocery store advertising for the South Beach Diet:

Italian Spinach Pie:

Prep: 10 min, Bake: 40 min

1 container (16 oz) low fat cottage cheese
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 c 2% Milk shredded reduced fat mozzeralla cheese
4 eggs, beaten
1 jar (7 oz) red peppers, well drained chopped (or I imagine fresh red peppers..)
1/3 c 100% grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp dried oregano leaves

Preheat oven: 350 F. Mix all ingredients juntil well blended.
Pour into greased 9 in pie plate
Bake 40 min or until center is set

Makes 8 servings:
170 cal, 8 g total fat (3.5 sat fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 10 g carb, 1 g dietary fiber, 16 g protein

Baked Fish in Wine Sauce

6 white fish fillets
salt and pepper to taste
1 large onion chopped
3 tsp chopped parsley
3 bay leaves
3/4 cup white wine.

Rub salt/pepper onto fish and place into a greased 9x13 pan.
Put onion, parsley, and bay leaves on top of fish-- top with wine.

Cover the pan with foil and bake around 25 minutes at 375.
217 cals, 2 f gat, 41 g protein, 2g carb, trace fiber, 99mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium

Stuffed Baked Potatoes

6 large russet potatoes baked
3 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
3 cups of broccoli steamed and chopped
2-3 tbsp butter (that's up to you)
6 tbsp fat free sour cream
1/3 cup of cheese shredded (you can go lite but I hate how it melts)

Slit open the baked potatoes and empty them into a bowl. Add everything else and mash together. Put back into potato skins and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake at 400 for another 15 minutes.

That's really easy to do with leftovers.

Garlic Chicken Strips

2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup dry italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

On low heat, heat the garlic and olive oil until the garlic is infused.

Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips. Dip the chicken into the olive oil/garlic and then dredge through the parmesan and breadcrumbs (you can add all sorts of other spices into that mix to change it up or you can use all parmesan instead of the breadcrumbs if you're watching carbs).

I always foil the baking sheet to make clean up easier. Spritz the pan with nonstick and bake at 425 until juices run clear (the time depends on how thick you cut the chicken....a whole breast would take around 30-35 minutes, the strips usually take around 10-15).

You can dip them in whatever or you can turn them into chicken parmesan by pouring some jarred pasta sauce over them and melting a bit of cheese.

Mock Cosmopolitan

4 teabags of Cranberry-Apple Zinger tea -- I used Celestial Seasonings brand, steeped in 2 cups hot water

2 cups Diet Cranberry Juice
Dash of Lime Juice

Mix all together in a pitcher -- makes about 1/2 a pitcher. Shake with ice & strain in a martini glass. Garnish with fresh fruit or lime wedge.

** This is especially great for a party you are having at home, cuz it looks like a drink, so you won't get the hassling of "Why aren't you drinking?"

Last edited:
jenscats5 said:
Mock Cosmopolitan

4 teabags of Cranberry-Apple Zinger, steeped in 2 cups hot water

2 cups Diet Cranberry Juice
Dash of Lime Juice

Mix all together in a pitcher -- makes about 1/2 a pitcher. Shake with ice & strain in a martini glass. Garnish with fresh fruit or lime wedge.

** This is especially great for a party you are having at home, cuz it looks like a drink, so you won't get the hassling of "Why aren't you drinking?"

LOL The "Posertini"

Just want to share what I had for my last meal tonight.. (eating while typing this)
1 Cup FF Cottage Cheese mixe with 1 Tablespoon Olive oil and some Hot salsa (organic from Trader Joe's) and black pepper
Taste Great!!!!!!

ASU said:
Just want to share what I had for my last meal tonight.. (eating while typing this)
1 Cup FF Cottage Cheese mixe with 1 Tablespoon Olive oil and some Hot salsa (organic from Trader Joe's) and black pepper
Taste Great!!!!!!

Sounds yummy!!

One of my favorite meals in the summer when it's sooooo hot you can't think is cott cheese + chopped tomatoes + black pepper. Yum!!

Top Bottom