Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

treilin said:
I also make some tuna patties...
You can make them with the packets of plain, or flavored tuna, or even salmon. I just mix 1 packet/can with one whole egg, and a tablespoon of flour (just enough to make it stick). You can add in whatever spices your heart desires. I like putting in red pepper flakes, or Ms's Dash. Then you make a patty out of it and put it in a coated pan and cook it on medium heat until cooked on the one side, and flip over. Pretty good with hot sauce on top or melted cheese.

fitnessgrl8621 said:
Also, just to add to this.. If you'd rather not use the flour.. I use a little bit of old fashioned oats as the binder.. Works great!

You could also use ground flax meal, soy flour (it's low carb) or almond flour also, oh, and wheat bran/flakes....

ASU said:
PB&J Granola Bars
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 cups uncooked oats (not instant) - toasted(optional)
1/3 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1/2 cup all-fruit sugar free jelly (any flavour)

-Preheat oven to 350°F.

-In medium bowl, mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Spread in lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 8 Bars

Per Bar:
195 Cal; 6g Total Fat (1g Sat Fat); 6g Protein; 28g Carb; 56mg Sodium; 0mg Chol

I really need to make these!! Hmmmmmm, I may omit the jelly & use some dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries and maybe add some flax seeds or flax meal......

I'm hungry....

jenscats5 said:
I really need to make these!! Hmmmmmm, I may omit the jelly & use some dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries and maybe add some flax seeds or flax meal......

I'm hungry....

They would be so yummy with a cup of :coffee:
Let me know how they turn out :)

Flaxseed and Blueberry Pancakes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ingredients:

1-¼cup (300 mL) whole wheat flour (or you could use ground oats)
¾ cup (175 mL) ground flaxseed
1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
1 tbsp (15 mL) splenda
1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
1-¾ cup (425 mL) skim milk
1 egg
1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
¾ cup (175 mL) fresh or frozen blueberries

Preparation
Mix whole wheat flour with ground flaxseed, cinnamon, sugar, and the baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside. Whisk skim milk with egg and vanilla in a medium bowl.

Pour milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the blueberries.

Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray with canola oil. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the heated pan and cook until tiny bubbles appear on the top of each pancake, from 2 to 3 minutes.

Flip and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. As pancakes are done, transfer to a warm oven 200F (100C) until all pancakes are cooked.

Makes 12 pancakes or 4 servings.
Nutritional information
Per serving:
368 cal
13 g fat
50 g carb
17 g protein
11 g fibre
280 mg sodium.
Excellent source niacin, folate, calcium, iron. Good source thiamin, riboflavin!High-fibre!

Oatmeal Apple Muffins
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. stevia
1 Egg
3/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Oil (or 1/4 Cup Applesauce)
1 Medium Apple Cored and Course Chopped
3/4 Cup Raisins

~Preheat oven 400 degrees. Mix first seven ingredients thoroughly. In separate bowl mix remaining ingredients. Gradually mix dry ingredients into moist ingredients. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.

*you could also use carb countdown milk instead of regular milk

French Toast
Diet French Toast Bites

2 slices of whole-wheat bread
1/4 cup of Egg Beaters or other liquid egg substitute
3 Tablespoons of Fat-Free Milk
1/4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 pinch cinnamon or nutmeg
1 pinch salt (optional)
Cut each slice of bread into 4 squares. You can leave or remove the crust.
In a large shallow bowl, mix together the egg substitute, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and, if you want, the salt.

Prepare a large skillet on a heat just above medium with no-fat cooking spray.

Add all the bread pieces to the "egg" mixture bowl and gently scoot them around with your fingers -- flipping each piece so both sides are drenched and all the mixture is absorbed.

Start cooking the bread pieces in the skillet a batch (as many pieces as you can fit in the skillet) at a time. Brown each slice for about 3 or 4 minutes. Give the skillet another thin spray of cooking oil between each batch.

Serve and enjoy!

I made these kick ass lean chix burgers, with egg whites and oatmeal... I was wondering what you thought about coating it with shaken bake (on the outside of the burger) it would be sooo good and really it's not allot of shaken bake...
so what ya think???? lol!

skittles said:
I think it's high in carbs & salt:

Just watch how much you coat it with.

ah pooy sounded good, never tried it though :p
this was the onw I was gonna use:

Nutritional Information:
Amount Per Serving: per 1/4 pouch (25 g)

Calories: 60 Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 1.7 g Sodium: 374 mg
Fat: 2.4 g Potassium: 17 mg

Top Bottom