Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

alycat said:
thanks I'll try it out and let you know
"duh!" ;)

LOL!! :p

alycat said:
can you give me a good cookbook to invest in?
thanks

A "learn to cook" type?? Or a specialty type?

For learn to cook, I like the standard Betty Crocker cookbook. It's pretty simple and easy to follow. I also subscribe to Cooking Light. It's a decent magazine with some nice recipes.

I also think it's fun to go to the bookstore & look thru all the cookbooks. ;)

As for recipes, I like www.foodtv.com to get the recipes off the shows..... Low Carb & Loving It! is a pretty good show, with some good recipes. I'm not trying for very low carb, so I adapt the recipes.

in terms of Greek Yogurt--a great kind (great for dips like jen said) is Total 0% Greek Yogurt. Super super low in fat, cals, carbs, etc

Also, just to add to this.. If you'd rather not use the flour.. I use a little bit of old fashioned oats as the binder.. Works great!

treilin said:
I also make some tuna patties...
You can make them with the packets of plain, or flavored tuna, or even salmon. I just mix 1 packet/can with one whole egg, and a tablespoon of flour (just enough to make it stick). You can add in whatever spices your heart desires. I like putting in red pepper flakes, or Ms's Dash. Then you make a patty out of it and put it in a coated pan and cook it on medium heat until cooked on the one side, and flip over. Pretty good with hot sauce on top or melted cheese.

Another thing that's good and lower in carbs is taking that baking cocoa, and a tub of Cool whip. You mix in some of the powder... until it's chocolatey enough for you and freeze it. Just have to watch how much you eat... like anything. Moderation is the key.

fitnessgrl8621 said:
Also, just to add to this.. If you'd rather not use the flour.. I use a little bit of old fashioned oats as the binder.. Works great!

Good idea! Or crushed Ritz Wheat crackers!

Feta and Vegetable Grill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 2 cups)
1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
1 small green pepper, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, separated into rings
1 pkg. (3.5 oz.) ATHENOS Crumbled Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. olive oil

PREHEAT grill to medium heat. Mix all ingredients; place on 28x18-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil. Bring long sides of foil together; fold over several times to seal. Tightly fold up ends to form packet, leaving room for air to circulate in packet.
GRILL 18 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning packet over after 10 minutes

Italian Spinach Pie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

container (16 oz.) Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 cup 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
4 eggs, beaten
1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, well drained, chopped
1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
POUR into greased 9-inch pie plate.
BAKE 40 minutes or until center is set.

Iced Vanilla Chai Coffee

4 tsp. Naturally Decaffeinated Instant Coffee
3 Tbsp. granular no calorie sweetener
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 cup warm water
2 cups fat free milk (Hood's Low Carb)
1-1/2 cups ice cubes

PLACE coffee, sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice in pitcher. Add water; stir until coffee granules are completely dissolved.
STIR in milk and ice cubes; pour into 4 tall glasses.
SERVE immediately.

Chocolate PB Cheesecake!!

Crust:
1c.ghram cracker crumbs
1-2egg whites

Filling:
1.5c. cottage cheese
0.5c. skim milk
2scps.chocolate protein powder
2Tbs. peanut butter
2-3pks. splenda
1pk. unflavoured gelatin

-Mix together pie crust ingredients and press into a greased 9" pie plate. Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
-Mix together cottage cheese, milk, protein powder, splenda and peanut butter in blender. Blend until smooth.
-Mix gelatin according to directions, then add to blender and mix 15seconds.
-Pour into pie shell and refridgerate until set.

PB&J Granola Bars

2 cups uncooked oats (not instant) - toasted(optional)
1/3 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1/2 cup all-fruit sugar free jelly (any flavour)

-Preheat oven to 350°F.

-In medium bowl, mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Spread in lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 8 Bars

Per Bar:
195 Cal; 6g Total Fat (1g Sat Fat); 6g Protein; 28g Carb; 56mg Sodium; 0mg Chol

Top Bottom