Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

I also make some tuna patties...
You can make them with the packets of plain, or flavored tuna, or even salmon. I just mix 1 packet/can with one whole egg, and a tablespoon of flour (just enough to make it stick). You can add in whatever spices your heart desires. I like putting in red pepper flakes, or Ms's Dash. Then you make a patty out of it and put it in a coated pan and cook it on medium heat until cooked on the one side, and flip over. Pretty good with hot sauce on top or melted cheese.

Another thing that's good and lower in carbs is taking that baking cocoa, and a tub of Cool whip. You mix in some of the powder... until it's chocolatey enough for you and freeze it. Just have to watch how much you eat... like anything. Moderation is the key.

Treilin said:
You can make them with the packets of plain, or flavored tuna, or even salmon. I just mix 1 packet/can with one whole egg, and a tablespoon of flour (just enough to make it stick). You can add in whatever spices your heart desires. I like putting in red pepper flakes, or Ms's Dash. Then you make a patty out of it and put it in a coated pan and cook it on medium heat until cooked on the one side, and flip over. Pretty good with hot sauce on top or melted cheese.

It is sooo funny you posted this as I was thinking about making these!!

Treilin said:

u know i just saw a great recipe on the food network this weeekend and this reminded me of that. it was crab cakes w/o the bread crumbs--basically real crab meat, seafood seasoning, egg, peppers, and sautee. it was something like that. sounds so good. i think i'll do a tray of these tuna cakes and crab cakes together with a big mesclun salad for dinner sometime this week. thanks treililn!

p.s. a great vinagrette--pulse some cilantro in the cuisinart, add some olive oil, lemon juice, a dash of white or red vinegar, and salt and pepper. can also use basil. also parsely-makes 3 diff salad dressings/marinades.

just made the tuna cakes. yum! thx again

i put a little curry mustard sauce with it-- dijon mustard, spicy brown mustard, curry powder.

I'm ooking for a dip for my veggies, something Great!. curently I'm using non-fat sour cream with a little onion soup mix.

does anyone have a great Crab dip that is good for you. for everyday training, not for cheat days.

Buy this:

Green%20Sauce%202.JPG

Nutritional info: Serving size = 7 grams, Per serving: 2 cals, 0g fat, 32mg sodium, 0g carb, 0g fiber, 0g protein

^^ Use the above to make:

Chicken Verde

Poach (to simmer in a liquid) 1 chicken breast in water till mostly cooked...about 15-20 minutes. Drain liquid & shred chicken on a plate or cutting board. Return to pan, adding the Green Salsa Verde (about 1/4 cup), pepper, dash cumin & cilantro, if desired, and some vegetable or chicken broth -- enough to just cover the chicken. Simmer till sauce slightly thick. Serve over cooked brown rice.

Last edited:
alycat said:
I'm looking for a dip for my veggies, something Great!. curently I'm using non-fat sour cream with a little onion soup mix.

does anyone have a great Crab dip that is good for you. for everyday training, not for cheat days.

Well, most crab dips have crab (duh!), cream cheese & mayo. If you still want a creamy base, try plain yogurt, Greek yogurt (you can find it at Trader Joe's or other stores -- it's thicker), yogurt cheese (drain plain yogurt in a colander or seive lined with cheesecloth overnight in fridge) or soft tofu -- then add 1/2 -1 tblsp horseradish; Salt & pepper to taste; 1-2 tblsp mustard and for some creaminess to "hide" the yogurt/tofu taste some non-fat sour cream or FF or low-fat mayo.

You may want to experiment to see what you like best. You could also add chopped cooked shrimp or canned; or tuna also. Throw some minced raw veggies in too -- like celery, scallion, red onion, bell pepper, garlic. If you leave out the crab, you can add a variety of spices to make a veggie dip -- like the Hidden Valley Ranch packet.

For a fresh crab salad: Toss 1 pound of lump crabmeat with the zest of 2 limes, and enough mayo to coat the crab. Serve over lettuce, cucumber or other veggies.

Top Bottom