Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

Lemon Viniagrette

Equal parts fresh Lemon Juice & Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Whisk all ingredients together. Use as a salad dressing or marinade.

Roasted Vegetables

Chopped: Red, yellow, orange bell pepper; eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion,chopped garlic, etc...... Toss with olive oil & roast in single layer in oven at 400 degrees F till golden.

Orzo or Brown Rice Salad

Cooked orzo or brown rice according to package directions, without salt
-- amount used is per preference, as to how much of a batch you want
Lemon Viniagrette, as above
Roasted Vegetables, as above
Chopped Scallions
Chopped Fresh Basil
Feta cheese, diced -- optional (There is a FF Feta available)

Toss all ingredients together when orzo/rice is hot. Allow to marinate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!!

Carmelized Onions

Thinly sliced yellow onion
Splenda
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil

Cook onion in olive oil over med-low heat till golden brown. DO NOT USE TOO HIGH OF A HEAT OR ALLOW TO BURN. Once golden, deglaze pan with a little balsamic vinegar. For extra sweetness, toss with a bit of Splenda, if desired. Serve with grilled steak.

**Toss with "fried" bell peppers (sliced bell pepper, cooked in a fry pan with cooking spray -- leave slightly crunchy) for a mucho tasty fajita topping. Serve with WW tortillas, chicken, steak or white fish.

Grilled portobella mushrooms

Italian Salad Dressing, any brand
Large Portobella mushrooms

Wipe portobellas with soft cloth or paper towel. Do not wash in water!! Remove gills by breaking them off & remove stem. Gill (well, formerly) side up, pour Italian dressing over & allow to marinate for 1-2 hours. Grill till fork-tender.

Use instead of beef on a sandwich, alongside meats, etc.....

Sauteed Cabbage

1/2 to 1 head green or red cabbage
Olive Oil
Kosher or Sea Salt & Pepper
Sliced onion & apples, if desired

Core Cabbage & cut/shred as you would for coleslaw -- very fine, thin strips. Heat olive oil in pan & add cabbage. Saute for ~ 15 minutes. Season with salt & pepper during cooking.

**Add sliced onion &/or apple with cabbage, if desired for enhanced flavor.

Excellent with pork, chicken, etc. I like it best with pork.

Now that I remember checking this thread, it is very useful and nice of you to be doing this. If I had any questions or complications, i will pm you. Tnx. :rose:

Subzeero said:
Now that I remember checking this thread, it is very useful and nice of you to be doing this. If I had any questions or complications, i will pm you. Tnx. :rose:

No problem.... Hope you try some out....

Sopa de Pescado

I really don't measure stuff when I cook, so I'll do my best to come up with quantities.

6 tilapia filets
One large red onion
3 scallions (green onion)
3 limes
1 bunch cilantro
Salt, Pepper, Goya Adobo (with cumin; "con cumino"), one packet Goya sazon
3 potatoes
5 carrots
3 cubes chicken boullion
Cherry Peppers
Goya Hot Pickled Peppers (aji picante)
olive oil
White cooking wine (optional)

Marinate the fish in the juice of one lime, salt, and pepper for about 1/2-1 hr in the fridge.

In large stock pot, heat one tablespoon olive oil.
Place fillets in pot with flame on med-low.
Pour in about 6 cups of water.
Put in seasonings--packet sazon, about 2 tablespoons adobo, boullion cubes
Poor in the marinade that the fish was in.
Thinly slice 2 scallions and put in stock.
Dice potatoes and put in.
Peel and dice 3 carrots and put in stock.
Pour in about 1/2 cup white cooking wine (optional).

Wash and chop cilantro.
Put half of the bunch (about 1 1/2-2 cups) in soup. Save other half for later.
At this point, use spoon to break up the fish fillets into chunks.
Salt and Pepper to taste and simmer. Adjust seasoning ( to taste) if necessary.
Soup simmers for about an hour total.

To make a salsa (called aji) to accompany the soup:

Slice red onion paper thin.
Put in a bowl of lot of salt & water and let sit for at least 10 minutes--tho the longer, the better.

Dice remain scallions, carrots and put in a bowl. Squeeze juice of 2 limes in bowl.

The red onions that you've place in a bowl of salt water: Massage the red onions in the salt water. This removes the clear film on them, making them less pungent.
Drain water.
Rinse with some water to get excess salt out and drain again.
Put onions in bowl with carrots, scallions, lime juice.

Dice some cherry peppers (as many as you want depending on how hot you want it) and dice one or 2 Goya aji peppers (these are VERY hot). Stir in remaining chopped cilantro.
Place in bowl.
Salt and Pepper to taste.

To serve:

Can serve with brown rice (white rice is the traditional spanish way). Feel free to leave out the rice if you want to go easy on carbs.

Put about 1/4 cup brown rice in the bottom of a bowl. Ladle soup in. Place a spoonful of the aji salsa on top and serve with a wedge of lime.

I have to recommend Trader Joe's Wasabi Mayonnaise!! It's creamy & spicy -- 1/2 a tblsp. goes a long way.

Per 1 tablespoon:
100 cals
12g fat
1g sat
3.5 g poly
7g mono
10 mg cholesterol
80mg sodium
0g carb, fiber, sugars, protein

Ingredients: Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Water, Whole Eggs, Apple Cider Vinegar, Horseradish, Egg Yolks, Salt, Spices, Spinach Powder, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Natural Wasabi.

Coating for pork or other meats

1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tblsp freshly cracked black pepper
Salt, amount as desired
3-6 garlic cloves

Pulse all ingredients together in a mini chopper. Spread over pork loin, chops, steak, London Broil, chicken, etc. Roast pork loin in a 425 degree oven for 30-50 minutes or until internal temp reached 140 degrees F. Roast or bake other types of meat as desired.

Edit: I coated a pork loin with this tonite & roasted it for 1 hour..... Heaven!!

Last edited:
Tuna Melt

2-3 slices tomato
3-4 ounces tuna
1 tblsp Mayo -- FF, RF, Wasabi, etc....
1 slice FF cheese, 2-3 tblsp shredded cheese, etc...
1 WW, Low Carb, White, etc Tortilla or 1/2 a Flatbread

Mix tuna with mayo, set aside.

Heat broiler to High. Place tortilla on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Top with the tuna mixture, then slices of tomato & top with cheese. Broil till cheese is melted. Enjoy!!

Top Bottom