Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Real food vs. supplements

iwealth

Ok, maybe I'm just spoiled by how damn good the Triple Threat protein shakes taste and how quickly and easily I can pound them down...but what are the major benefits to eating more "real" food throughout the day as opposed to mostly protein shakes w/ a carb source?

Is it worth it to spend that extra time and aggravation cooking chicken every 4 days, eating that rather unappetizing tuna, scrambling those eggs, etc, when I can just pop shake after shake and take my flax for fat?

I'm sure everyone will answer yes, but are the benefits of eating more real food really THAT great?

Thanks.

yes-as much of a pain in the ass as it is to cook, the benefits are worth it-there is a reason the shakes and powders are called SUPPLEMENTS-they are just that. 1 shake a day is ok, but they are not meant to be meals

yup real food rocks, a couple of factors are that
  • real food is digested wlower thus supplying a steadier stream of nutrients to your bod
  • when dont know a lot about mother natures synergie but it is generally excepted that the real thing is better then processed "stuf"
  • experience, people with lost more experience then us have tried both protocols and they advice using real food as much as possible who are we to question the findings of our elders

Anyway, this are just a few points, i would love it if some other peeps chimed in to complete this list, im to stupid to think up more :D

Last edited:
look at big powerlifters and bodybuilders

they dont get big and strong from stirring

red meat is the way to go...... chicken is a good source when mainting or dieting.... but have a steak...... have 2....... or ground round......

i grow when i eat like a carnivor

X

bro i agree w/ you guys. Nothing beats real food. Those shakes are "supplements" and that's all they should be used for.

diamonddiceclay said:
yes-as much of a pain in the ass as it is to cook, the benefits are worth it-there is a reason the shakes and powders are called SUPPLEMENTS-they are just that. 1 shake a day is ok, but they are not meant to be meals

LOL!! I knew DDC would love that question the minute I read it. My God man, I see you devoted not one but TWO sentences to your response! You must be exhausted!! :D (j/k dice).

I agree with him, however. Most of your daily meals should come from the grocery store. MRP is there mainly to provide the high amounts of protein needed by weightlifters. I get about 2/3 of my daily protein from lean meat, 1/3 from shakes.

I also have a general feeling of greater satisfaction from eating a meal of "real" food than I normally get with a shake

...but damn, sometimes you just can't beat the convenience of a shake or a bar - especially if it's feeding time and you don't have any chicken cooked!!!

wsup Stryc? When that happens to me i just get a cup of water and put half a scoop of whey and mix it up. That'll keep you set till the food is ready. This has happened to me a million times, if i use flax, or milk, or fiber, etc. it will blunt my appetite so i just stick to the whey/water till food is done.

Top Bottom