Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rda multi's

TJ24

i've been looking for multi's with the rda of all the vits and minerals in an iron free product but can't find one. they all have iron. only one i found is centrum silver has none so i have been taking that one for the time being

Unless you sit on your rear all day and never do anything resembling exercise, the RDA's are not enough! ...especially since all the B's and C are flushed out of your system in a relatively short time. I probably sound like a broken record here, but your best bet is a good moderate/high dosage multi that splits up the daily dosage over 2-3, or even 6 capsules.

Refer to this thread:

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=191902

my problem is I can't take extra b vitamins, I get dizzy, tired and all spaced out. so i have to take an rda vitamin plus extra antioxidants

That's an odd reaction to extra b-vitamins. Were you taking a pill that had a ton of niacin in it? (A lot of the stress-50 or stress-100 pills are ridiculously over-dosed.) Also, were you taking the vitamins with food, or on an empty stomach?

I took a 50mg and a 100mg complex the niacin was in the form of niacinamide

yes i took with food

The reaction could be since you were getting so much all at once. It might be worth it to at least try a vitamin that splits-up the 50mg (or even less, like 25mg) over several pills. That might keep the bad reaction from occurring. It sounds like a pain in the neck, but it'd be worth it to find a vitamin that you could take more than once-a-day, in order to keep those water-soluble levels up.

...just another thought. Do you have any food allergies? Sometimes vitamins are made with binders/fillers/etc than can affect allergies. You can get vitamins that take this into account. (For example, some of twinlab's specifically state "well tolerated by allergic individuals".)

yes I have allergies to alot of stuff. the b vitamins even make my eyes water. what twinlab vits say that?

Twinlab is making good multis w/o iron

you can also check Natrol and Solgar

TJ24 said:
yes I have allergies to alot of stuff. the b vitamins even make my eyes water. what twinlab vits say that?

I'd venture to guess that the allergies aren't coming from the b-vitamins themselves, but probably from the other materials used to make the particular pill(s) you were taking.

I think that most of Twinlab's vitamins are allergen-free... just the way they manufacture them. But in particular, right now I'm looking at a bottle of "Stress B-Complex Caps". (It's a 50mg complex, with a gram of C, in two pills. I usually just take one with the post-workout shake, which still provides a 25mg complex and 500mg C... more than enough.)

Anyway, the bottle says:
"Well tolerated by most highly allergic individuals. No tablet binders, coatings, or colorings. Free of the most common allergens such as soy, yeast, barley, wheat, lactose (milk sugar), and all milk, citrus, fish, and egg products. No added flavorings, sugar, salt, artificial sweeteners, colorings, preservatives, or salicylates."

BTW... the bottle of 50 capsules only cost me like $7.00 at the local grocery store.

Top Bottom