Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

R1 Gainer for a hardgainer - opinions?

Peta

I am a hard gainer, and no matter how much I eat, I still stay slim. My friend told me I should take R1 Gain after workouts, and this will increase my mass. I am trying to find it somewhere around me, but the price is a bit steep. What could I use that will be the same, but cheaper?

This is just an ordinary mass gainer, full of sugars and that kind of stuff. Mostly for people not caring for their health and the quality of the mass gains. Just look at the ingredients – maltodextrin, aromatizers, starch....75 mgs of carbs....you could just eat chocolates with the same success. Better go with a whey protein product – it will give you the same benefits, but you will be able to gain a cleaner mass. Make sure to grab one made of whey isolate only, such as the Isolation by N2BM.

you simply are not eating enough. do not give me the whole 'no matter how much i eat' cause that is bullshit.

you aren't eating consistently... eating 4000 calories on monday.. and then eating 1200 on tuesday is not consistency. every skinny kid i run into who cries how they can't gain i ask them what they ate so far today and they always answer with a poptart or cereal. these aren't muscle building foods!

There isn't any safety concerns with a mass gainer shake or anything like that. It's just the fact that there are much better options available that will give you better results and are much more cost effective.

Mass gainers will help you gain weight for sure but you will probably feel really bloated and gassy while using it. Read the ingredient list. It's full of artificial colors, sweeteners, flavours and preservatives.

It's also not only going to be the weight you want to gain. I have had so many friends who get fat from mass gainer shakes. They are loaded with sugar and poor quality oils.

I personally would get a high quality protein powder and make your own lean mass gain shake. It'll be much cheaper, and provide much more nutrients then any mass gainer.

For a whey protein - you want to see nothing but that in the ingredients list. Whey protein, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and then maybe some salt, soy lechitin and cocoa powder. There are a lot of good products on the market. I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. A good whey isolate should be pretty much fat and carb free. Isolation has 26g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat per 30g scoop.

Buy a high quality blender and blend together the following:
2 scoops of a high quality whey protein isolate
oatmeal
natural almond butter or peanut butter
frozen fruit
banana
ice
chia/flax seeds
spinach/kale

you simply are not eating enough. do not give me the whole 'no matter how much i eat' cause that is bullshit.

you aren't eating consistently... eating 4000 calories on monday.. and then eating 1200 on tuesday is not consistency. every skinny kid i run into who cries how they can't gain i ask them what they ate so far today and they always answer with a poptart or cereal. these aren't muscle building foods!

I absolutely agree. Post up a log of a weeks worth of food and be honest.

Top Bottom