Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quick question about flaxseed oil....quick please

willworkforhead

I've never taken flaxseed oil before. I've heard its pretty good so this trip to the nutrition store I decided to pick some up. I know this stuff tastes pretty bad so I was going to mix it with my protein shake. But the lady at the store told me it wont just mix in. She said the whole shake will taste really bad. Soooo will it or not??

It doesn't taste like ice cream but it's not a deal breaker. Oil doesn't mix with water is what she meant. So what if it sits at the top? You're going to down it in 20-30 seconds anyway.
Flax oil can't be heated.

What I do is put it in a little cup, almost like a shot glass, and mix in a tiny bit of OJ and then just down it. I don't put it in my protein shakes because it does tend to overpower everything else and make it taste sick. What I do works for me. Try it.

I honestly don't think it tastes bad at all.

Health From The Sun's line is the only one I've ever tried though.

I really love it on brown rice w/ tuna. When i mix it in a shake, especially chocolate, it actually gives it just a richer texture and flavor, IMHO.

I prefer salmon oil for omega 3 fatty acids. About half the population lacks the enzyme necessary to convert flax oil omega 3 fatty acids to a useable form. I believe the enzyme is delta 6 desaturase. Salmon have kindly already converted the omega 3's to a useable form. As well salmon is one of the safe fish to eat in regards to mercruy content - whereas some tuna is loaded with mercury.

i hate the taste of it. I usually take 1-2tblsp in my choc shake in the morning, sometimes mixed with some pb to help with the taste.

caps are the same as the liquid. Only difference i've noticed is that caps are more expensive, least everywhere i've seen them. so if you can still taste them through the caps why bother. stick to the liquid.

Top Bottom