Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Questions for Par Deus

Blood&Iron

Par Deus-

What's your opinion on the recent study using acetyl l-carnitine and l-ornithine to boost GH levels during sleep? Is this something worth trying? Would there be any major side effects to such a supposedly large increase in GH?

Also, having read several of your articles on Big Motherfucker, I had a few questions. Doesn't the carb-up in a CKD fulfill the role of a refeed day you describe in your article on leptin? And your "Strength Gains on a Diet" article says that the diet is a variation on a TKD, but from my calculations I would be taking in excess of 300g of carbs on training days. Doesn't this leave only the off days for fat loss, or am I getting things confused? Also could you give a more detailed example of the training regimen you used?

Thanks for any answers.

ALC is very expensive, not to mention that short-term elevations in GH likely won't do anything.

Carb-ups and refeeds are pretty much the same thing, the difference being that we now know why the carbs help (leptin) and they are not exclusively used with low/no-carb diets, thus "refeed" is a more appropriate term.

It has been close to a year since the "strength gains" article, so I can't really remember details beyond what is described in the article -- "Workouts were a typical powerlifting routine - multiple sets of less than 3 reps along with 4-5 minute rest periods. Workouts were done every other day, targeting one lift (bench, squat, and pull-up for my client and myself) bench, squat, and deadlift for my powerlifting friend).", which is fairly detailed, anyway. I think i did like 5-7 sets, depending on energy levels.

You will not lose much fat during the workout day, but you will make up for that on the other days because it will keep leptin levels up. I updated that article for Anabolic Extreme to include what we know know about leptin -- I need to put that version up on my site.

ParDeus
Big Motherfucker bodybuilding magazine
Issue #3 now on-line.
http://www.avantlabs.com/issue3/big_mfr_issue_3.htm

Top Bottom