Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Questions about Supplements and periodization...

SouthWind

Okay, I'm trying to gain some all around mass, and I think it's high time that I start sticking to a diet. I'm 16 years old, 6'1, and a 155 lbs. so I need to get bigger. Someone told me that I should eat a gram of protein for every pound each day or something like that. So if I'm trying to gain, do I add more protein grams per pound to my diet (IE taking in 175 grams of protein if I were trying to get to 175 lbs)? Also, I went and bought some 100% Whey Protein. I'm going to take it every day and mix it with water after my workouts, but is there any limit to how much should take, can I take it every meal? I also drink a milk shake everynight before I go to bed, and I was thinking about mixing that into it as well. I still have some creatine, I took it for a little while, but didn't really gain, so I was wondering if I should try it again, even with the whey? I was also wondering about how much water I should be drinking.

For my workout, I have to make it revolve around my 3 day a week wrestling schedule (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays), and yes I want to get bigger even with being a wrestler. What I made was a 3 day a week workout, where I would lift on Fridays, Saturdays, and then do the third day on Wednesday. Should I change it where I do the workout on different days of the week, and should I add another day and count wrestling as a rest day?

Anyway, sorry, I know this alot, but I would appreciate some help. Here's my workout, please critique because it would be appreciated...

Thanks

Day 1
Legs/Shoulders
Dumbell Lunges 3-8-8-8
Squats3-8-8-8
Leg Extensions2-10-10-10
Leg Curls3-10-10-10
Seated Calve Raises 3-6-6-6
Military Barbell Press3-8-8-8
Seated Dumbell Raises3-10-10-10

Day 2
Chest/Tris/Forearms
Bench Press3-6-6-6
Incline Dumbell Bench Press3-8-8-8
Dips3-10-10-10
Skull Crushers3-7-7-7
Flat Bench Dumbell Extensions3-10-10-10
Dumbell Wrist Curls3-6-6-6
Forearm Dumbell Curls3-8-8-8

Day 3
Back/Bis
Deadlifts3-6-6-6
Power Cleans3-5-5-5
Pull Ups3-10-10-10
Dumbell Shrugs3-8-8-8
Straight Bar Curls3-8-8-8
Incline Dumbell Curls3-8-8-8

I'd recommend using Needsize's 5x5 routine. HST works well for size as well, but won't give too much in way of strength. DC training could work as well, but for someone starting out, I always recommended 5x5. Not too sure why.

Anyway, use 3x8 rather than 3-8-8-8...it's easier to read.

Okay, so, diet...eat 0.8-1.0 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Any more than that is the same as eating extra carbs.
Try 5 meals a day. A 6th on training days, that being your post-workout shake. Eat balanced meals. Carbs, fats, and protein in every meal aside from post-workout. Especially protein. Carbs and fats can be mixed. Adding fats will lower the glycemic index of the carb and reduce the insulin spike even further, preventing a lot of fat storage.

I'd recommend a can of tuna a day (any more and you'll risk mercury poisoning), 3 chicken breasts, and 5 oz. or so of steak. That's just what I do. That'll be all the protein you need there. As for carbs, use barley as your source. It's the lowest GI carb out there, and it's so good for you.

Fats, use extra virgin olive oil and flax seeds. Buy them at a Waldbaum's or local healthfood store. They're pretty cheap at health stores. Just grind them up yourself and down the hatch. Wash down with water, it's easier that way.

Creatine won't help you get bigger, directly. Look up stuff on it. Research man.

Whey protein powder is great, but really only post-workout. Solid food, other times. Try using Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey protein powder. Best bang for the buck out there.

only thing i would ad is to make sure you get your veggies in there
if you eat salmon and other fatty fish you can lower the use of flax oils

and tobasco is gonna become a good friend of yours

The mercury scare in tuna is a complete fallacy..Unless your a female of child bearing age!! Personally tuna in a can taste like dogg shit to me, but if you can afford it try to get some bigeye steaks cook em on the grill..whatever is left over put in the fridge..next day add some mayo,wasabi or horseradish and mash just like regular tuna..its so much better!!!! protein and omegas in one meal, cant beat it

I try not to eat for taste, so tuna in a can it is for me. It's cheaper, anyway.

It's not a complete fallacy. You can get mercury poisoning, and consuming excess amounts for long periods of time is no good. Too much of anything really isn't good, it's all about balance.

Top Bottom