Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ProtienFactory.com blends

sguthrie

I have ordered whey protein concentrate from protienfactory.com, and am thinking of trying a blend on my next order, but don't know what to consider. I was thinking of still mostly WPC, but adding in 10 - 20% Hydro 360, 520, or 1400 and 10 - 20 % casienate calicum. Can any one give me an idea of whether this would be a good or bad idea? What about adding soy or egg protein to the mix?

Also, can anyone explain the difference between the Hydro360, 520, and 1400? They are all the same price but with varying amounts of protein. Is the one with the most protein the best, or is there a reson for the other stuff?

I mostly use the protein supplement as a between-meals snack. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hydro 1400 and 520 are different weights. I believe 520 is the fastest digesting. Hydro 360 is hydrolized casein. There was a study using hydrolized casein vs. hydro whey. The hydro casein produced better results in the study. I use 10% hydro 520 in my whey and it doesn't effect the taste. I think hydro 360 tastes worse than the 520 but that was at levels of 30 to 35%. Read all you can and experiment. Maybe try mixing both 360 and 520.

Their only formulation I have used is the Theta MRP, and it was too thin for me. I have customized my own a few times with pretty good results.
I have never used the Hydro products, but in my opinion their not worth the cost, and they will tell you on the web site they taste shitty if the percentage of Hydro is very high.

For every day Protein, I really liked:
40% Whey Isolate
30% Casein
30% Egg

For Post Workout, I am using:
35% Whey Isolate
35% Maltodextrin
30% Dextrose

I used to use concentrate for cost reasons, but have switched to isolate as I am able to digest it MUCH better!!

I'm using 100% whey concentrate and seem to be having no problem digetsing it. Is there any other reason to use the isolate?

Also do you use micellar casien or casien calcium. I don't know the difference between the two.

Last edited:
I use calcium casienate.

The may difference in the whey's I think is percentage of protein, lactose, an damino acid profile. Have you read up on all the powder descriptions at PF?

I use the following blend mixing fast and slow digesting proteins:

50% caesin
30% CFM
20% WPC

I also use the post workout formula

I'm pretty happy with both

blend

I have a mix with
50% cfm whey isolate
25% hydrolyzed whey 520
25% maltodextrin
also with aminogen
chocolate flavor with splenda sweetner
It tastes really good i think. I expected
Ive been using this postworkout for like a month and i see some results, I think i will be ordering some more of this same mix once i am out.
:fro:

growin' said:
I use calcium casienate.

The may difference in the whey's I think is percentage of protein, lactose, an damino acid profile. Have you read up on all the powder descriptions at PF?

The link to the micellar casien page on the PF website hasn't worked for me, so I don't know what they have to say about it. If it seems other's use calcium and it's 1/2 as expensvie, I'll probably just go that route.

Same with the Hydro links. I think the only one that works is for 520, so I haven't been able to get a feel for what the other two are supposed to do.

I think I may try it unflavored and mix it with Nestle's quick or somthing. I can't see paying $5.00 / pound for the flavoring and have it take away 10% of my protein.

Top Bottom