Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein shakes and acne. Maximuscle vs Everything Else

steve_1251

I'm 25 years old and still suffering from acne. I've been on accutane and that did a pretty good job but since I've started taking protein shakes it has come back. However I can drink Maximuscle shakes with no problems but any other brand I've tried so far causes an instant break-out (E.g. Myprotein, Nutrisport, Myotein, Sci-mx). I'm talking spots appearing within a couple of hours! At first I thought it could be the maltodextrin in them but maximuscle has that in their shakes too. So therefore it must be the whey protein itself. I know maximuscle produce their own form of protein called Biomax. But does any one know how this is so very different to other brands and why it doesn't cause acne?

I'd love to continue using maximuscle products but they are just too damn expensive! But maybe you get what you pay for...

if you found one that does not cause you acne,just stick to that. Do not worry why other types might cause you acne. I have used all kinds of protein never had an issue with acne. Maybe you might be allergic to an ingredient or might be something in the environment on the manufacturer's lab where the protein is manufactured.

Top Bottom