Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Query - Need help!....Please

Disco Dave

I'm currently having a debate with a colleague about whether you can have too much protein. I always thought that excess protein was NOT stored as fat, he says it is. He tells me that 80gms a day is sufficient, whereas in all the books I've read and previous threads on here say atleast 1gm per pound of body weight per day. That would be more than twice what he feels is sufficient. Who is right?

I am by no means an expert but from what I have read it depends on the situation. For a average joe that plays football 2 times a week, goes to gym and does an all over body workout 1 a week then 80 should\may be fine.

For a BB or regular gym go'er(3/4 a week, BB workout routines etc) then 1gm or 1gm+ per pound would be well used\needed.

There are so many discussions about this, use the search feature of this board to look some up.

General rule is 1gm per pound, other circumstances require differant amounts.

Hope that helps,

H.

If anything go with 1g per lb of lean body weight. If your training consistantly and trying to add muscle, I'd stick with 1g/lb. of Lean weight.

1g is good but if you want to add mass seriously put 2gr per pound

your body can learn to cut off the nitrogen molocule in the protein if your on LOW CARBS and convert it to energy ATP or glycogen and then can be stored as fat.

BUT! If you are taking in adaquate carbs that is very unlikely... also digestion protein is a very "expensive" process meaning eating 200g of protein will not yield 800 usable calories of energy necessarily

Top Bottom