Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein query

redroof77

[FONT=&quot]What are the consequences of consuming 0.8/9 grams of protein per pound of body weight instead of the recommended 1gram? Will it make a significant difference?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What are the consequences of consuming 0.8/9 grams of protein per pound of body weight instead of the recommended 1gram? Will it make a significant difference?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
I would think probably not a huge difference, but remember, your protein needs are specific to you and your training. There is no one size fits all solution.

that number is plenty

the protein thing got blown out of proportion in the 80s and 90s because joe weider put out magazines and was selling protein powder so he convinced his readers you needed a ridiculous amount of protein. if you read forums during the mid and late 90's if you posted you didn't eat atleast 500-600g of protein a day you were flamed it was that ridiculous.. because of that we got a ton of perma bulkers who were just strong and fat. seems like every 40-60 year old in the gym fits that mold cause they grew up in that "gotta get tons of protein" era

now we know that it was all a ruse (atleast the smart people do). you only need .7g per pound so if you are getting .8 you are good and getting more will actually do more harm than good cause your digestion system will be destroyed.. all those guys i mentioned if you look in their medicine cabinet at home have every antacid drug you can imagine and pepto bismol, tums, etc. that isn't normal sorry. if you need to take that shit then sorry but your gut health is beyond shit

Nobody knows. Personally I like protein and I prefer eating more than that.
It's kinda like an insurance policy thing.

If your goal is to build muscle why leave anything in chance?

Nobody knows. Personally I like protein and I prefer eating more than that.
It's kinda like an insurance policy thing.

If your goal is to build muscle why leave anything in chance?

I follow that same philosophy as well.

What are the consequences of consuming 0.8/9 grams of protein per pound of body weight instead of the recommended 1gram? Will it make a significant difference?

It'd make .2 to .1 of a difference.... nah not really

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
The consequence is you will have about 20 less grams, so about 80 calories (based on a 200 lb) Basically not much difference at all.

Top Bottom