Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein as a pre-workout meal?

marredcheese

I am having a bit of trouble with eating well rightnow – work, time, money....lots of problems. So I don't always getthe chance to eat before a workout, so I was thinking of having aprotein shake before working out. Will it be a good replacement forfood and give me energy on a workout? I really don't likepre-workouts with stims.

Ideally you will eat a good meal an hour or 1.5 hours before working out. However, if you do not have such an opportunity, then the protein will do. In fact, I remember it giving me more energy than any pre-workout has even given me, so it is a better alternative to all those modern stim-filled preworkout supplements.

This is what I do for my pre-workout meal.

I boil hot water with a kitchen kettle and then pour it over some instant oatmeal. I let that sit for about 20 minutes and then add in 2 scoops of whey isolate and some natural almond butter.

It takes no time at all to prep and it's a balanced meal that will give you sustained energy throughout your workout. Give that a try.

A protein shake would be better than having nothing before training but ideally you eat a proper meal with some carbs too.

If you are having trouble with time the best thing you can do is take 1-2 hours any day you have time and meal prep for the entire week. This is what I do to ensure I always have a meal ready.

Top Bottom